1. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    03 Jul '13 19:161 edit
    I just found this

YouTube

like trying to discuss an interesting line on these forums, where is rj?
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    12 Jul '13 20:251 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think I would have tried 8...Rg8. Also instead of 10...Ng4 maybe developing the queenside pieces with a hope of castling may have worked out better. 10...Kf7 might be considered too.

The Instructor
    I have tried a few times with rg8 rather then sacking the rook, but it does not work, the attack evaporates and I'm already a few pawns down. There a few games on the rhp database on the latvian by blackburne and he does sacrifice the rook to lure whites queen away from the centre, think that's the only hope to beet the computer too... still trying!
  3. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 18:473 edits
    Saitek Down - Over - Saitek Down...

It has lost to the Halloween Attack - have been practicing a bit and beat it in 5 min blitz - no takebacks. Belows the game, it's a bit spooky - at move 25 I knew there was something there but I probably could not get a win so I let the computer take over at 30 sec p/m and play out the game. It rates the position -3.6 at move 25 after blacks Qd8. (was listening to a video with 6040 views at the same time, coincidences eh)

It's a strange game; All blacks pieces are herded to the kings side back rank and it has to give up the queen.

I'm not sure about move 35 Qe4 but it looks like white is threatening to queen the A pawn so can afford to swap.

Any computer victories from you folk? 🙂
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 21:58
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Depends on how lobotomized the computer is. 😛
  5. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 01:533 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Depends on how lobotomized the computer is. 😛
    you do not appreciate that it takes practice to perfect a line like this, everything up to Ba3 was pre calculated in my 'book' - by then computer is in serious trouble, Nxg2 put it in more trouble (its a dumbed down version of fritz, the master) - that's what i'm trying to do in the Latvian gambit, I've played you and with respect this computer would thrash you 🙂

edit - I think this is the most sound counter to the Halloween attack (where white has no traps or threats) I thinks blacks won here;

6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 08:24
    Saitek Down - Over - Saitek Down...

It has lost to the Halloween Attack - have been practicing a bit and beat it in 5 min blitz - no takebacks. Belows the game, it's a bit spooky - at move 25 I knew there was something there but I probably could not get a win so I let the computer take over at 30 sec p/m and play out the game. It rates the position -3.6 a ...[text shortened]... ening to queen the A pawn so can afford to swap.

That was a good one.

The Instructor
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 03:401 edit
    you do not appreciate that it takes practice to perfect a line like this, everything up to Ba3 was pre calculated in my 'book' - by then computer is in serious trouble, Nxg2 put it in more trouble (its a dumbed down version of fritz, the master) - that's what i'm trying to do in the Latvian gambit, I've played you and with respect this computer would thrash ...[text shortened]... gn]1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.Nxe5 Nxe5 5.d4 Ng6 6.e5 Bb4 7.exf6 Bxc3+ 8.bxc3 Qxf6[/pgn]
    I didn't even look at your line, because that wasn't my point.

If you win any games against your computer, it's lobotomized by today's standards.

Edit: oh, so it is a dumbed-down Fritz. I suppose that was a lucky guess on my part? 😉
  8. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 17:392 edits
    I didn't even look at your line, because that wasn't my point.

If you win any games against your computer, it's lobotomized by today's standards.

Edit: oh, so it is a dumbed-down Fritz. I suppose that was a lucky guess on my part? 😉
    I cannot begin to tell you how silly I think chess players are who don't respect computers, its bcf grade is 180 thats about 2200 elo I think, it plays better then greenpawn and worse then an IM. It would thrash you, I can assure you.... whats more if you want a bet 🙂 you can play against it, a game where I do cheat! (will resign another one to you to make things fair a puter is bound to win) but you are not allowed to copy my line or cheat using a pc though..
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 18:36
    I cannot begin to tell you how silly I think chess players are who don't respect computers, its bcf grade is 180 thats about 2200 elo I think, it plays better then greenpawn and worse then an IM. It would thrash you, I can assure you.... whats more if you want a bet 🙂 you can play against it, a game where I do cheat! (will resign another one to you to make ...[text shortened]... a puter is bound to win) but you are not allowed to copy my line or cheat using a pc though..
    What makes you think I would even be interested in such an encounter? 😕
  10. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 01:557 edits
    What makes you think I would even be interested in such an encounter? 😕
    You were interested in the nxf7 line...

In the petrov line I posted a while back my Saitek master matched RJs Houdini about 20 moves deep, so I suppose its rubbish?

Think you can beat Houdini or fritz mk1? I really really doubt it sorry. I can beat the Saitek in 3 opening lines so far (petrov, halloween, damiano) but it takes a lot of practice, cheating frankly 🙂
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 03:04
    You were interested in the nxf7 line...

In the petrov line I posted a while back my Saitek master matched RJs Houdini about 20 moves deep, so I suppose its rubbish?

Think you can beat Houdini or fritz mk1? I really really doubt it sorry. I can beat the Saitek in 3 opening lines so far (petrov, halloween, damiano) but it takes a lot of practice, cheating frankly 🙂
    Yeah. I wanted to try the Nf7 line against a human player. Where you are getting this crazy idea that I might think I can beat engines, I have no idea.

Engines that are not lobotomized destroy us all. You. Me. Greenpawn. Grandmasters. World Champions. It's what they were made to do. There is no hope for humanity...the machines have conquered the earth!
  12. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 03:075 edits
    Yeah. I wanted to try the Nf7 line against a [b]human player. Where you are getting this crazy idea that I might think I can beat engines, I have no idea.

Engines that are not lobotomized destroy us all. You. Me. Greenpawn. Grandmasters. World Champions. It's what they were made to do. There is no hope for humanity...the machines have conquered the earth![/b]
    I hope your not implying you weren't playing against a human?

(the trait on this site where stronger players blame there losses on cheating is just contemptible have to say)

there was no cheating in that game the Saitek looses to a similar line - hence me playing it.

If you play engines a lot they are beatable - it's a question of hard work and repetition in the right line, not my / your grade.

The chessmaster series has this glitch, I think its a forced win for white.

13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 03:234 edits
    I hope your not implying you weren't playing against a human?

(the trait on this site where stronger players blame there losses on cheating is just contemptible have to say)

there was no cheating in that game the Saitek looses to a similar line - hence me playing it.

If you play engines a lot they are beatable - it's a question of hard work and repe ...[text shortened]... glitch, I think its a forced win for white.

[pgn]1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nc6 3.d3 Na5 4.Bxf7+[/pgn]
    I think it's cute that you're still showing busts against computers that don't even use a decent opening book. Get back to me when you have a line that gets you a win against Deep Fritz 13 running on a hex core 3GHz processor with a full opening book (ChessBase 11 Mega DB or later).

I'm sure you can do it. Just a matter of hard work, right? 🙄🙄🙄
  14. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 03:331 edit
    I think it's cute that you're still showing busts against computers that don't even use a decent opening book. Get back to me when you have a line that forces a win against Deep Fritz 13 running on my hex core 3GHz processor with a full opening book (ChessBase 11 Mega DB or later).

I'm sure you can do it. Just a matter of hard work, right? 🙄🙄🙄
    yes indeedy 🙂

I did buy the Saitek as it has a 50,000! move opening book, every opening I want to know and more.

I do consider it cheating when you have a trillion move opening book like modern progs do, I read that rybka is not the strongest engine (even when winning titles) its opening book is very strong - it beat shredder in a championship game completely in its opening book.

If you turn the opening book off on fritz13 you might just beat it in the Halloween attack, every computer / engine I have looses to it, they can't see to give back the knight - can you copy the first 12 moves of my game ? if so I think fritz has lost.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Jul '13 03:38
    yes indeedy 🙂

I did buy the Saitek as it has a 50,000! move opening book, every opening I want to know and more.

I do consider it cheating when you have a trillion move opening book like modern progs do, I read that rybka is not the strongest engine (even when winning titles) its opening book is very strong - it beat shredder in a championship game c ...[text shortened]... ve back the knight - can you copy the first 12 moves of my game ? if so I think fritz has lost.
    Turning off the opening book is just lobotomizing the thing in a different way. The machine should be able to use any and all information the programmer can give. This includes algorithms, tablebases, and databases.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree