1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 02:05
    Why has nobody tried playing 1...f6 and 2... e5 for black if white tries 1.d4 - It could be the new opening to take the world of chess by storm.

I suggest all caro kahners out there give it a go and report your results back to me.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 02:11
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    Why has nobody tried playing 1...f6 and 2... e5 for black if white tries 1.d4 - It could be the new opening to take the world of chess by storm.

I suggest all caro kahners out there give it a go and report your results back to me.
    so who was kahn?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 02:14
    1. e4 f6 2. f4 e5 3. f5! and the Knight is in a shady spot, and as someone of your all knowingnesss"sss" knows... it is an ugly place to start from.
  4. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 02:14

i think thats called the caro kant 😛
  5. Under Cover
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 04:071 edit

Come on T, you know there is absolutely no correlation between that nonsense and the Caro-Kann. The CK IS a sound opening...unless of course Karpov knows nothing about Chess 😉
  6. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 08:43

because the king is on the e-file and the queen on the d-file, not the other way around.
  7. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 10:54
    Well, black needs to be sure to try the flipped "exchange variation."

1. e4 f6 2. d4 e5 3. dxe5 fxe5 😉
  8. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 11:01
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    Come on T, you know there is absolutely no correlation between that nonsense and the Caro-Kann.
    Of course he knows, he's just crazy like that.
  9. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 11:11
    Or perhaps why does no one play c6 and d5 against d4? on another note "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!"
  10. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 11:57
    In my opinion, black might as well play the French rather than the CK, which is more awkward and less hopeful on winning, but rather more on drawing.
  11. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 13:05
    Originally posted by Ramned
    In my opinion, black might as well play the French rather than the CK, which is more awkward and less hopeful on winning, but rather more on drawing.
    I think that rubberjaw, who despite his behavior on this site knew a great deal about the Caro-Kann, said it well, that the Caro-Kann considers black's light-squared as a higher priority, while the French considers the immediate c7-c5 push (which the Caro-Kann eventually strives for) as a higher priority, which is equally important as it builds a larger central and queenside front.
  12. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 13:15
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    I think that rubberjaw, who despite his behavior on this site knew a great deal about the Caro-Kann, said it well, that the Caro-Kann considers black's light-squared as a higher priority, while the French considers the immediate c7-c5 push (which the Caro-Kann eventually strives for) as a higher priority, which is equally important as it builds a larger central and queenside front.
    Well yeah, the purpose of the CK is to develope the queenside bishop but I find that's not always guarenteed. Also white usually gets to attack for most the game.
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 14:22
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Well yeah, the purpose of the CK is to develope the queenside bishop but I find that's not always guarenteed. Also white usually gets to attack for most the game.
    White can also obtain a pretty nasty attack in some variations of the French, too.
  14. São Paulo, Brazil
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 14:26
    I say we all should play the Scandinavian and forget about this girly "preparation" nonsense. >_>
  15. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 17:50
    Originally posted by Adorea
    so who was kahn?
    Horatio Caro and Marcus Kann, maybe Kahn was some metamorphosis of their names ... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree