1. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 09:28
    OmegaChess Advanced features an interesting piece called The Fool It also features queen castling and additional options for the knight.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 15:46
    Originally posted by WanderingKing
    Add a single piece for each player that can waste a move. When a player thinks they're in zugzwang, they can say they moved that piece. Once they lost the piece, they can't do it anymore.

Or give this possibility to, say, the queen's bishop.
    A neutral pice is quite interesting. But where to put it? on the ground line it will hinder castling, on the pawn line it will severly affect the opening.

How about the possibility to declare one Piece a Zero pice at some Moment, when it freezes at the Position and can be said to make the Zero move?
  3. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 20:062 edits
    For the piece that can only make the zero move, I think additional squares would have to be added, like e0 and e9. The pawn promotions on the e file would have to be clarified then. Or perhaps i4 and i5. Or you could boldly place them on e4 and e5. That would drastically change the opening theory since 1.e4 would be unavailable. And I imagine the correct way to play that would turn out to be one where the two pieces fall early.
  4. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 00:49
    I would create a rule that a pawn may captured if it advances two squares on its first move avoiding a potential capture from an already advanced enemy pawn..
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 04:06
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    I would create a rule that a pawn may captured if it advances two squares on its first move avoiding a potential capture from an already advanced enemy pawn..
    People would never believe that was a real rule. 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree