1. Kalamazoo, MI
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 23:16
    I host the script and database that allows parts of that extension to function. Recent events have forced me to discontinue that service. Below is the text of an email i sent to quite a few people yesterday.

"Due to a cease and desist notice I received yesterday I have decided to get out of the 'giving away the web' business. It is too difficult to police all thirty eight accounts I have given away and too easy for people to take advantage of something nice I was trying to do. Effective June 8th 7PM EDT I will be deleting all of these ftp accounts. On June 10th 7PM EDT I will be disabling all guest subdomains and domains. At that time I will also be deleting all guest account root folders and MySQL databases.

I am scaling back to the 1and1 'home' package which will more than take care of my needs. I highly recommend 1and1.com if you decide to continue with your project. I have been with them for five years. They have plans starting at $3.99 a month. If you do decide to sign up please do so through this link:

http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=6567645

Good luck!"

Ouroboros is on vacation and according to his profile will not have web access. Because so many people use this extension I have decided to keep the RHP extension functional until Ouroboros returns. I will then give him some time to set up another webhost if he so chooses. He can keep it going for $48/year and I recommend he set up a paypal account so all the users can help 'fund' this useful tool. The first $5 will be from me, anyone else?

Here's some stats:

15176 players in the ratings database
    http://ouroboros.chessmob.org/rhp/view_ratings.php

16483 get_ratings requests yesterday
    1881702 get_ratings requests since the beginning

There may be some hiccups over the weekend as I will have to edit the php scripts myself. Hopefully they won't last for more than an hour or two.

Thanks,
    Scott

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree