1. Hull, UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:20
    Yeah, sure. However he's played on RHP for quite a while, so you would've thought he would know the words 'good game' by now don't you think?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:29
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    Yeah, sure. However he's played on RHP for quite a while, so you would've thought he would know the words 'good game' by now don't you think?
    but then again, perhaps he neglects the chat all together, no matter what it says. When I play blitz, I typically don't talk... What's said is of no consequence.

Silence in my opinion, is never rude. Sometimes its annoying if your trying to stir up a conversation. However he did nothing to offend you so I would leave it alone. As for winning a game against a strong player, good job.

As stated earlier, sometimes players can be very very strong deep thinkers and have high ratings (2000+) in CC and then not have that strength in blitz... In my experience though, its not typically a drop of 800 pts (2000 to 1200) but isn't uncommon for a drop.
  3. Hull, UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:32
    To be honest I'm very happy with that result. I know in a normal game there's prob no way I beat that guy. Gives me hope though 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:37
    To be honest I'm very happy with that result. I know in a normal game there's prob no way I beat that guy. Gives me hope though 🙂
    Yeah,

well once again.... you can probly slap me in blitz. However I think we can both agree that in CC I have more than a slight advantage. It may be your intuition is very strong, which leads to the creation of a very good blitz players. In CC your intuitive ability isn't as key as in blitz, it becomes more about deep thought.
  5. Hull, UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:46
    You're prob right. When I used to play when I was younger I always remember playing fast, if I can just slow that down and use the intuition to find good lines maybe I'll get to the kind of level I'm happy with.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:49
    You're prob right. When I used to play when I was younger I always remember playing fast, if I can just slow that down and use the intuition to find good lines maybe I'll get to the kind of level I'm happy with.
    study the endgame, train your pattern recognition and ending knowledge. The strength for positional play, and seeing and understanding threats will come from your studies.

Endgame first.

-Adorea
  7. Under Cover
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 19:19
    Originally posted by wormwood
    one of the reasons why I don't play blitz on rhp is because people assume you're as good a blitzer as you're a slow player. so when they win a 1900 RHP player in RHP blitz, they come to the forum screaming "I just won a 1900!!!" -when in fact that player was a 1200 blitzer (or whatever). on a rated blitz site people can see how bad I'm at blitz, so there's ...[text shortened]... , but it's possible. people simply don't react well when you take advantage of them.
    That wasn't really the case. I was very humble in my post, exclaiming that I was lucky to score a win against such a strong opponent. I didn't in any way try to use or embarass him. He was just a jerk about it. Like I said, he was #9 on the site at the time....consistently over 2200 and I don't remember seeing him drop below the top 20 in recent memory.
  8. Joined
    19 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 20:22
    HIS NAME IS

"My Rating is Fake"

and he is a 1230 ish player very rude, Played him 5 times in speed games and beat him 4 times outta the 5

and wont be wasting my time playing him again,
  9. Joined
    16 May '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 22:262 edits
    wt hell..😵😵😵😛😠😛😵😵
    and just to tell you i beat you each time except the game i was in the middle of when i forgot i was playing
    😛
  10. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 22:42
    Originally posted by KingAlbert
    HIS NAME IS

"My Rating is Fake"

and he is a 1230 ish player very rude, Played him 5 times in speed games and beat him 4 times outta the 5

and wont be wasting my time playing him again,
    thanks. 😠
  11. Joined
    16 May '07
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by eldragonfly
    thanks. 😠
    what do you have to do with any of this????😵😵
  12. Joined
    20 Mar '07
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 19:401 edit
    Originally posted by KingAlbert
    Hi,

I am here on this site about 3 months now and play almost every day.

I really enojy it here but today I came across a guy playing blitz who was a complete fool.

He was smart in the chat, said sneaky things in the chat like ahhahahaha I'm gonna destroy you" "you suck" "i own hahaha" etc

I have never encountered anybody like this here bef ...[text shortened]... t is allowed, if not it doesn't really matter.

just thought I'd see what people think
    You'll encounter juvenile and bad behavior all the time in Internet Chess the best thing to do is ignore them or set your tells off so they can't send you messages.
  13. Standard membereldragonfly
    leperchaun messiah
    thru a glass onion
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 20:05
    i agree, it's yahoo chess gone wild, i guess.
  14. Bournemouth UK
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 20:44
    Just asking a question. Is this why Blitz off line tonight/today? To me it is fun and fast. From my days of OTB (Over The Board) and playing in New York in the Washington Square. It was fun and trash. took it or leave it.
  15. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 22:44
    Well I just beat a dude who was over 2000 in rating, I said good game and he just left without replying. I guess he was prob pissed off, but I class that as rude! Here's the game... I think it was a pretty good mate myself 🙂

[Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2008.4.4"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "icantwrite"]
    [Black "uffejaster ...[text shortened]... 2-b3 Rd2-b2 45. Rh6-e6 Ke5-f4 46. Re6-f6 Kf4-g4 47. Bb3-e6 Kg4-h4 48. Rf6-h6 1-0
    If I ever post a game, as you have, I always remove my opponents name so hopefully there are no hard feelings. I would be offended if I lost a blitz game to someone significantly lower than me who subsequently posted the game in the forums saying how bad I was and how great he was. It is bad enough to lose to someone lower than you but even worse when someone is a bad sport.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree