1. Joined
    19 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 03:301 edit
    Hi,

I am here on this site about 3 months now and play almost every day.

I really enojy it here but today I came across a guy playing blitz who was a complete fool.

He was smart in the chat, said sneaky things in the chat like ahhahahaha I'm gonna destroy you" "you suck" "i own hahaha" etc

I have never encountered anybody like this here before and have found all the users to be most polite and courteous

I would like to post his username here if it is allowed, if not it doesn't really matter.

just thought I'd see what people think
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 03:31
    Originally posted by KingAlbert
    Hi,

I really enojy it here but today I came across a guy playing blitz who was a complete fool.

He was smart in the chat, said sneaky things in the chat like ahhahahaha I'm gonna destroy you" "you suck" "i own hahaha" etc

and just gave me a bad feeling about playing here,
    ...[text shortened]... t is allowed, if not it doesn't really matter.

Happens on any chess playing site.
  3. Under Cover
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 03:51
    Hi,

I have never encountered anybody like this here bef ...[text shortened]... t is allowed, if not it doesn't really matter.

It isn't as common here as it is on say Yahoo or Pogo, but it still happens. Best to ignore them. The other benefit here is that the games aren't rated, you can just leave with no penalty.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 05:55
    Yeah, I've seen a few like that. The rudest are probably at Yahoo! Chess. Unfortunately, there are idiots in chess too. On the other hand, they're usually not very good so you will be able to use their insults against them when you win.
  5. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 07:20
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    The rudest are probably at Yahoo! Chess.
    Yep.
    The cheat thing where they have infinite time when their clock reaches 0 is more annoying though!😞
  6. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 07:31
    It's a huge and annoying bug for sure, but I'm not sure it's really cheating. After all, it occurs for both players from time to time. If you always draw or resign when you get it and your opponents are not so kind, it's not going to work well. Just like when you lose due to a mouseslip, you have to accept the imperfections of the medium (unless everyone gave takebacks). Although, I agree that games decided by this bug are meaningless and Yahoo! Chess is crap in almost every way imaginable.
  7. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 08:36
    Hi,

I have never encountered anybody like this here bef ...[text shortened]... t is allowed, if not it doesn't really matter.

Beat them then put them in your ignore list and never play them again.

As you get better opposition you will find this doesn't happen. In fact I can honestly say I have never really experienced it here and only come up against a couple of jerks in about 1000 games.
  8. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 11:34
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Beat them then put them in your ignore list and never play them again.

As you get better opposition you will find this doesn't happen. In fact I can honestly say I have never really experienced it here and only come up against a couple of jerks in about 1000 games.
    maybe you were lucky...
    I played 2 games against an FM rated just a bit higher than me in blitz on FICS (about 1900)...and in the first one I lost a close game...and in the second one I have got a winning position. He stopped moving and asked me to abort otherwise he will never play again against me, a "pathetic" player. Of course I did not abort and win the gam...
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 11:36
    Hi,

There is an option on the blitz site to block chat so u don't have to put up with his pap.

D
  10. Under Cover
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 12:03
    Originally posted by vipiu
    maybe you were lucky...
    I played 2 games against an FM rated just a bit higher than me in blitz on FICS (about 1900)...and in the first one I lost a close game...and in the second one I have got a winning position. He stopped moving and asked me to abort otherwise he will never play again against me, a "pathetic" player. Of course I did not abort and win the gam...
    That happens here also. I won a Blitz game against a player who was #9 on the player tables here at the time. I was very proud of the win, so I posted it in the forum. I told him that and he became very rude. Apparently there's no correlation between being a good chess player and being a good sport.
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 12:20
    Hi,

Don't you just hate it when people say something and nothing. 😠

Name and shame.

Nothing better than a good public flogging.

😉
  12. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 15:193 edits
    Originally posted by Maxwell Smart
    That happens here also. I won a Blitz game against a player who was #9 on the player tables here at the time. I was very proud of the win, so I posted it in the forum. I told him that and he became very rude. Apparently there's no correlation between being a good chess player and being a good sport.
    one of the reasons why I don't play blitz on rhp is because people assume you're as good a blitzer as you're a slow player. so when they win a 1900 RHP player in RHP blitz, they come to the forum screaming "I just won a 1900!!!" -when in fact that player was a 1200 blitzer (or whatever). on a rated blitz site people can see how bad I'm at blitz, so there's no problem.

that would be a legit win of course, no doubt about it. but it's damn annoying when people use you.

I don't know if that's the reason why your opponent was rude, as maybe he just was a total dick, but it's possible. people simply don't react well when you take advantage of them.
  13. Hull, UK
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 17:53
    Well I just beat a dude who was over 2000 in rating, I said good game and he just left without replying. I guess he was prob pissed off, but I class that as rude! Here's the game... I think it was a pretty good mate myself 🙂

[Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2008.4.4"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "icantwrite"]
    [Black "uffejaster"]
    [Result "1-0"]

1. e2-e4 e7-e6 2. d2-d4 d7-d5 3. Nb1-c3 Bf8-b4 4. e4-e5 c7-c5 5. a2-a3 c5xd4 6. a3xb4 d4xc3 7. b2xc3 a7-a6 8. Ng1-f3 Nb8-c6 9. Bc1-e3 Ng8-e7 10. b4-b5 Nc6-b8 11. b5-b6 Ne7-f5 12. Be3-c5 Nb8-d7 13. Bc5-d6 Nf5xd6 14. e5xd6 Qd8xb6 15. Qd1-d4 O-O 16. Nf3-e5 Nd7xe5 17. Qd4xe5 Rf8-d8 18. Bf1-d3 Qb6xd6 19. Qe5-h5 g7-g6 20. Qh5-g5 Qd6-c5 21. Qg5xd8 Kg8-g7 22. O-O b7-b5 23. Rf1-b1 Bc8-b7 24. Qd8-h4 Qc5xc3 25. Qh4-b4 Qc3-c6 26. Qb4-b2 f7-f6 27. Qb2-b4 e6-e5 28. f2-f3 e5-e4 29. f3xe4 d5xe4 30. Bd3-e2 Ra8-e8 31. Rb1-d1 Re8-e5 32. Ra1-a3 f6-f5 33. Qb4-d4 Qc6-f6 34. Qd4-d7 Re5-e7 35. Qd7-d4 g6-g5 36. Qd4xf6 Kg7xf6 37. Rd1-d6 Kf6-e5 38. Rd6-h6 f5-f4 39. Kg1-f1 Re7-c7 40. c2-c3 f4-f3 41. g2xf3 e4xf3 42. Be2-d1 Rc7-d7 43. Bd1-c2 Rd7-d2 44. Bc2-b3 Rd2-b2 45. Rh6-e6 Ke5-f4 46. Re6-f6 Kf4-g4 47. Bb3-e6 Kg4-h4 48. Rf6-h6 1-0
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:17
    In some fairness Dragonfire is a 2000+ player. If you are good enough to even have a competitive game with Dragonfire you are not going to waste your time talking trash. But for is mere mortal just ignore it and enjoy your wins even more. I personally get extra joy when I beat someone who is obnoxious.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:18
    Originally posted by icantwrite
    Well I just beat a dude who was over 2000 in rating, I said good game and he just left without replying. I guess he was prob pissed off, but I class that as rude! Here's the game... I think it was a pretty good mate myself 🙂

[Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2008.4.4"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "icantwrite"]
    [Black "uffejaster ...[text shortened]... 2-b3 Rd2-b2 45. Rh6-e6 Ke5-f4 46. Re6-f6 Kf4-g4 47. Bb3-e6 Kg4-h4 48. Rf6-h6 1-0
    Is it possible he did not speak your language?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree