1. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:54
    In fairness, No one debated this in my clan earlier. I prefer to defend, because I know white will make a poor move at some point, and as black I have a good attacking line from here......., somewhere - but I think it's easier to defend here
  2. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:56
    Originally posted by Mad Mac MacMad
    In fairness, No one debated this in my clan earlier. I prefer to defend, because I know white will make a poor move at some point, and as black I have a good attacking line from here......., somewhere - but I think it's easier to defend here
    I didn't know that, but I dont think it's weak. It's defensive, but strong
  3. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 01:16
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    the exchange version is the Russian schools most played move.(it focuses on creating advantages for the endgame)
    crazy that move 4 can create advantages for the endgame, but I guess it makes sense. Seems a little early for that though. I prefer to run, though, because I love the b3 bishop, performs wonders without trying.

How does one come across information like "the most played move in russian schools"? Just curious 😉
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 01:23
    Originally posted by allostery
    crazy that move 4 can create advantages for the endgame, but I guess it makes sense. Seems a little early for that though. I prefer to run, though, because I love the b3 bishop, performs wonders without trying.

How does one come across information like "the most played move in russian schools"? Just curious 😉
    not in russian schools The Russian School of Chess you know the different schools like the Steinitz school of chess.
  5. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 01:35
    not in russian schools The Russian School of Chess you know the different schools like the Steinitz school of chess.
    Ja, das ist d8, und d7 und de6 und allles
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 01:36
    Alright, that makes sense, but where are the statistics? Can I go to a website and find out what the Russian School prefers after the exchange for black?

I agree with McMad's 2nd post; that is, reworded, I don't feel like white can fully capitalize on a double pawn gain on move 4 for the duration of the game. Maybe that's my proficiency level, but it doesn't seem like games go that way very often. What's the plan, other than "get that damn pawn"?
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 01:46
    Originally posted by allostery
    Alright, that makes sense, but where are the statistics? Can I go to a website and find out what the Russian School prefers after the exchange for black?

I agree with McMad's 2nd post; that is, reworded, I don't feel like white can fully capitalize on a double pawn gain on move 4 for the duration of the game. Maybe that's my proficiency level, but it ...[text shortened]... eem like games go that way very often. What's the plan, other than "get that damn pawn"?
    Its in one of Lev Alburts books. Basically the plan is to either simplify into a winning endgame(not as simple as it sounds) or complicate things and win by having more skill. By the way you don't start attacking the doubled pawn right away you have to take into account all the imbalances(plus you aren't fully developed at this point.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 21:08
    okay the muzio is a gambit, you sacrifice your knight for a pawn .. on the other hand you get a huge development advantage, your bishop is placed on a fantastic square and your queen is deadly. White usually gives the pawn back quickly too putting them down a full knight but with all the tempo and a fantastic position... white usually wins even at high levels.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree