The traxler actullay works
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:42
    Originally posted by Mad Mac MacMad
    Show us some more

I've learned many counter gambits, eg the traxler - show me some more

The traxler actullay works
    wow if you are seriously talking about me... you do realize that you are a WAY stronger player than me right??? I only play at your level when i'm on the black side of a traxler game and that's because I've studied it with fritz for the past 6 months... I'm more machine than man in that line now.

if your serious though... umm.. how about the Muzio, it looks sound to me.

1. e4, e5 2. f4, exf4 3. Nf3, g5 4. Bc4, g4 5. O-O (typically leading to the following response, "what the heck is wrong with you?"😉

white scores nicely in this line.
  3. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:49
    Explain the Muzio...
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:521 edit
    Explain the Muzio...
    are you a pedagogue or just a regular pedantic person who plays chess. Refering to the word under your avatar
  5. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    26 Oct '07 23:53
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    are you a pedagogue or just a regular pedantic person who plays chess. Refering to the word under your avatar
    I seek the grail
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:071 edit
    I seek the grail
    "The quest for the grail is not archeology, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth."

EDIT: "But choose wisely, for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you."
  7. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:11
    Originally posted by allostery
    "The quest for the grail is not archeology, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth."

EDIT: "But choose wisely, for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you."
    You've been watching too many films
  8. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:17
    You've been watching too many films
    Really, that's only one film (2, counting my profile quote), but I do watch quite a few. Seems like it's applicable to the discussion, though. If there was such a grail, and you found it, how will you know it? What would you do with it? Who would you share it with?
  9. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:19
    Really, that's only one film (2, counting my profile quote), but I do watch quite a few. Seems like it's applicable to the discussion, though. If there was such a grail, and you found it, how will you know it? What would you do with it? Who would you share it with?
    Um, cos you're full of bunkum
  11. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:23
    What? Hey I was repyling to your post. Just play the Ruy Lopez, because it's what a humble carpenter would do.
  12. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:25
    I like the Ruy - it is my play....
  13. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:44
    I like the Ruy - it is my play....
    I'm also a fan. There may be something better out there somewhere, but coming back to my earlier post, how will you really know when you've got it? Some engine told you so?

Looking through a couple of your games, it appears that you prefer the Exchange after a6. I'm more of a Ba4'er. Any reason for the preference (if any)? I've only looked through a few games.
  14. Joined
    05 Apr '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:48
    The exchange isn;t bad, post exchange - I like to take the free pawn also.. judge me
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '07 00:52
    I'm also a fan. There may be something better out there somewhere, but coming back to my earlier post, how will you really know when you've got it? Some engine told you so?

Looking through a couple of your games, it appears that you prefer the Exchange after a6. I'm more of a Ba4'er. Any reason for the preference (if any)? I've only looked through a few games.
    the exchange version is the Russian schools most played move.(it focuses on creating advantages for the endgame)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree