I'm Improving

I'm Improving

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
15 Apr 07

That's right, thanks to one opening book, one tactics book and an hour and a half per diem I am getting better. Hopefully I keep going, but I discovered yesterday night that I would be happy with my age x100 being my rating. E.g. 18 yrs, 1800+

C

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by prosoccer
That's right, thanks to one opening book, one tactics book and an hour and a half per diem I am getting better. Hopefully I keep going, but I discovered yesterday night that I would be happy with my age x100 being my rating. E.g. 18 yrs, 1800+
Best of luck with that, but try to avoid lay-offs.
Myself, I stopped playing for a few years and now find myself significantly below the projected 4,500.
:'(

J

back in business

Moves
15 Apr 07
1 edit

that would be cool. in fact if my current otb rating remains unchanged until May 15th, I will have:

days lived / 365 = rating x 100

and given that my current rating is also my year of birth, I would call that pretty odd situation.

E

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by Jusuh
that would be cool. in fact if my current otb rating remains unchanged until May 15th, I will have:

days lived / 365 = rating x 100

and given that my current rating is also my year of birth, I would call that pretty odd situation.
(days lived / 365) x 100 = rating

J

back in business

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by EmLasker
(days lived / 365) x 100 = rating
oh...

I feel noobish.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
15 Apr 07

oh...

I feel noobish.
if you end up in a university, most of the math will look more like ax = by than ax/b = y.

J

back in business

Moves
15 Apr 07

Originally posted by wormwood
if you end up in a university, most of the math will look more like ax = by than ax/b = y.
noooo...

luckily I am applying to Helsinki School of Economics. no hard math there i guess.

z

Moves
15 Apr 07

Do you have a blitz rating? Can you play OTB?

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
15 Apr 07

noooo...

luckily I am applying to Helsinki School of Economics. no hard math there i guess.
I'm pretty sure there will be, it's a university. already forgot where the nash equilibrium is used? 🙂

N

The sky

Moves
15 Apr 07

I would be happy with a rating of 3600, too. Might be a little unrealistic, though.

c

Moves
15 Apr 07

Jusuh what club do you play for? I play for Leeds Chess Club and have a poxy OTB of 125 but I am only 24 yr old so hopefully i'll be 180 one day 🙂 I study over 1.5 hours a day and play in the Yorkshire League as well as the Leeds League and Congress'.

c

Moves
15 Apr 07

Prosoccer, what books are you reading and do you play OTB chess? I'm a very keen and improving player myself! I found the Alexander Kotov books great help and the Dvoretsky endgame manual dvd helpful too. I have just purchased Squares Strategy by Bangiev and those are pretty instructive as well.