1. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 17:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ah, but of course, spoken like a true Beetles fan, i bow and acquiesce. BTW my second Purdy book has arrived, the search for chess perfection, recommended by none other than King Fischer himself! (he appeared to me in a dream and said paulbuchmanfromfics will never know and that i should purchase it )😀
    What is my name doing in this thread? LOL

Robbie, I'm keeping my eye on you. 🙂

I actually got a book in the mail today too.

I finally found a reasonable priced copy of Botvinnik On The End Game.

It's really Botvinnik examing 25 different engames (possibly all from his games). * I haven't had it or looked at it very long.

Years ago, I was talking to a guy that ran a chess club on the phone. He said the club had one master. The master supposedly raved on and on about Botvinnik On The End Game. Hopefully, it will be a rewarding read.
  2. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 18:01
    Originally posted by Kaleigh
    Just wanted everyone to know that I'm in love.
    I've had crushes but I don't think this ones going away.
    So I'm happy. And I wanted to share it!!!
    Thanks for welcoming me here.
    ps. I know this isn't the general forum, but I'm trying to help you guys realize there's more to life than chess...
    Are you in love with chess? If not, take this elsewhere! I am kidding. Be sure to send another post when you are no longer in love.
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 18:10
    Originally posted by ParShooter
    Are you in love with chess? If not, take this elsewhere! I am kidding. Be sure to send another post when you are no longer in love.
    I hope he doesn't turn out like Albert Brooks in Modern Romance. hehe

He could post back and forth all day.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 18:18
    ah, but of course, spoken like a true Beetles fan, i bow and acquiesce. BTW my second Purdy book has arrived, the search for chess perfection, recommended by none other than King Fischer himself! (he appeared to me in a dream and said paulbuchmanfromfics will never know and that i should purchase it )😀
    I see ye too ye lang leggedy beastie rabbie🙂 njoy yer Purdy wi it Glenlivet, and by the time ye reach halfabattal' ye gonna hearrr the King himself wisperrin them there varrriations 😵
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Mar '09 18:43
    Originally posted by black beetle
    I see ye too ye lang leggedy beastie rabbie🙂 njoy yer Purdy wi it Glenlivet, and by the time ye reach halfabattal' ye gonna hearrr the King himself wisperrin them there varrriations 😵
    Lol thanks beetle dude, our friend Pulbuchmanfromfics is gonna have his work cut out for him, them endgame manuals will do him no good, he will be finished in the middle game and lucky to see the endgame with King Bobby whispering them variations in my ear!😛
  6. Joined
    23 Sep '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 01:42
    We are all in love with chess too
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 04:46
    Lol thanks beetle dude, our friend Pulbuchmanfromfics is gonna have his work cut out for him, them endgame manuals will do him no good, he will be finished in the middle game and lucky to see the endgame with King Bobby whispering them variations in my ear!😛
    Mind you ye numptie, owr Ameirican fearless feer has him dreadful Botvinnik up is sleeve and is Peacemaker loaded an ready although I regret to state that it bourbon JD Barrel 7 smells like an aftershave; so ye gonna destroy his paired pieces and discard yer pathetic wi his energetic ones early in the mornin and leave im stranded in the mist an the darkness??😵

PS Ulysses took out of home his pinky daughter for the very first time🙂 She 's a mini Venus although she reacts like a gigantic Mars once her mom and dad decline to hug her -she appears to hate the early deviations; that kiddo will have im down on his knees big time; I tole him that if she is clever enough to keep him on the move, then soon she will be old enough to see two patzers pushing woods in front of her and start to be in grips with the Immortal Game😵

(oh another hijacked thread)
    😵
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 08:48
    Mind you ye numptie, owr Ameirican fearless feer has him dreadful Botvinnik up is sleeve and is Peacemaker loaded an ready although I regret to state that it bourbon JD Barrel 7 smells like an aftershave; so ye gonna destroy his paired pieces and discard yer pathetic wi his energetic ones early in the mornin and leave im stranded in the mist an the dark ...[text shortened]... nt of her and start to be in grips with the Immortal Game😵

(oh another hijacked thread)
    😵
    LOl, yes he have ol Botvinnik up is sleeve but perhaps this rigid attention to scientific analysis may be his undoing, was not Kasparov able to beat the silicon beast by the virtue of his creativity? But to be sure he is a fearless feer and may be double dog dangerous now!

i once asked Ulysses if he would teach the daughter the chess, but he said that his wife would 'kill' him, but there are ways in Greece to hide things! my goodness we think it well if we could hide a single still producing the water of life, you guys could hide a distillery! Some dude drove his helicopter out of the mountains, onto a prison and escaped with two prisoners the other day! Hopefully the little Venus will play the immortal game like her Daddy and look like her Mom! Has she been given a name yet?

(thread well and truly hijacked)
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 09:13
    LOl, yes he have ol Botvinnik up is sleeve but perhaps this rigid attention to scientific analysis may be his undoing, was not Kasparov able to beat the silicon beast by the virtue of his creativity? But to be sure he is a fearless feer and may be double dog dangerous now!

i once asked Ulysses if he would teach the daughter the chess, but he said ...[text shortened]... ddy and look like her Mom! Has she been given a name yet?

(thread well and truly hijacked)
    Nope, mom and dad are still undecided🙂

Hmhm yeapyeap, we 'll work somethin out... Maybe we may unleash my Beautiful Maria and Ullyses' beloved wife to the Mall whilst taking care of Venus sipping coffey and playing the Immortal Game on my lil magnetic set that it will be set just in front of her; we gonna suffer big financial damages for the ladies will suck the last cent of their plastic cards, sure thing, however there 's a very high propability to see Venus becoming very curious with the Game as every fox does, and hopefully she gonna get trapped big time before her mom could scream "zugzwang" 😵

I expect than soon we 'll both be banned😵
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 09:40
    Nope, mom and dad are still undecided🙂

Hmhm yeapyeap, we 'll work somethin out... Maybe we may unleash my Beautiful Maria and Ullyses' beloved wife to the Mall whilst taking care of Venus sipping coffey and playing the Immortal Game on my lil magnetic set that it will be set just in front of her; we gonna suffer big financial damages for the ladies ...[text shortened]... me before her mom could scream "zugzwang" 😵

I expect than soon we 'll both be banned😵
    Lol, its a high price to pay them chicks going to the mall with the plastic, but a worthwhile investment if the little one is to be trained in the immortal game, like little foxes. i thought it was tradition that parents or someone gave little girl a name in naming ceremony? i wish i was in Athens instead of here! gotta go for my porridge and a wee nip afore the day starts!
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 10:01
    Lol, its a high price to pay them chicks going to the mall with the plastic, but a worthwhile investment if the little one is to be trained in the immortal game, like little foxes. i thought it was tradition that parents or someone gave little girl a name in naming ceremony? i wish i was in Athens instead of here! gotta go for my porridge and a wee nip afore the day starts!
    Right!

Lol, Athens stinks, but it would be very nice to have you here in Athens, sure thing, then yer chick would have you too busted😵

Have a perfect day my trusty feer rabbie🙂
  12. Standard memberUlysses72
    Named 'Nobody'
    At the Siren's arms
    Moves
    05 Mar '09 23:16
    It is common knowledge that someone ill intentioned “scarab” and a “malt distilled” guy are filthy, lousy, despicable, repugnant (etc, etc) nevertheless hilarious scums.
    All the plunder in the world didn’t fill their huge bellies and they weren’t ashamed to hijack an innocent thread (I like to believe) of a youngster expressing the fairest joy.
    Don’t pay any attention to these two dear Kayleigh. Live, enjoy and share. I think we’ll all agree that it is much better to play chess when smiling.
    BR
    Ulysses

P.S. Shame on you naughty boys. 🙂
    BR Pinky!!!
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 04:39
    Originally posted by Ulysses72
    It is common knowledge that someone ill intentioned “scarab” and a “malt distilled” guy are filthy, lousy, despicable, repugnant (etc, etc) nevertheless hilarious scums.
    All the plunder in the world didn’t fill their huge bellies and they weren’t ashamed to hijack an innocent thread (I like to believe) of a youngster expressing the fairest joy.
    Don’t pa ...[text shortened]... er to play chess when smiling.
    BR
    Ulysses

P.S. Shame on you naughty boys. 🙂
    BR Pinky!!!
    Oh ye crafty Greek,

I assure you that this ad hominem post of yours is not a surprise at all; ta gelia pou kaname den perigrafontai aderfe mou me tipota, and now dare not to tell me that all this is Greek to you😵
  14. Chess Incubator
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 16:03
    Originally posted by Kaleigh
    i dont have to make sense. im in love
    I beleive ,one should keep himself away from love till 26 years of age...u r too young for love...
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    06 Mar '09 16:19
    Originally posted by ChessAddiction
    I beleive ,one should keep himself away from love till 26 years of age...u r too young for love...
    And why not until 25 or 24 or 23? Why not until 30, 29, 31? Why just until 26? Why not until 18? The, say, Israeli girls at their 18 are using complicated arming devices and they vote; if they are capable for these tasks, why are they incapable of, say, love?
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree