I'm playing a game vs Shirov

I'm playing a game vs Shirov

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Who did I mock that did not deserve it? Tell me who and why and if I
can't give you a good reason, I will apologize. In fact, I will apologize
anyway. I apologize to all those chess players who believe I have
mocked them. I make many blunders myself, especially the faster
I play, without thinking. 😏
well you mocked me for one, which i didn't really mind, did I deserve it, probably, but
you didn't need to do it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
well you mocked me for one, which i didn't really mind, did I deserve it, probably, but
you didn't need to do it.
Okay, I'm sorry. I guess I just love you JWs too much. Ha ha. 😀

rc

Moves
23 Jan 12

Okay, I'm sorry. I guess I just love you JWs too much. Ha ha. 😀
LOL, sure yah do Ron, sure yah do! When i come to America I am demanding that
you and i duel, with French foils, I plan to slap you across the face with my glove and
call you a 'cad and a bounder', as a gentleman you will be forced to meet me at dawn
and after i slice a Z on your trousers and they fall down, i will ride away on my trusty
stead gleeful and then i will marry your daughter and your entire fortune will become
mine.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
LOL, sure yah do Ron, sure yah do! When i come to America I am demanding that
you and i duel, with French foils, I plan to slap you across the face with my glove and
call you a 'cad and a bounder', as a gentleman you will be forced to meet me at dawn
and after i slice a Z on your trousers and they fall down, i will ride away on my trusty
stead gleeful and then i will marry your daughter and your entire fortune will become
mine.
What happened to that lovely, non-violent JW I used to know? 😲

rc

Moves
23 Jan 12

What happened to that lovely, non-violent JW I used to know? 😲
marrying your daughter and inheriting all your cash is a kindness for you, you would
only horde it, whereas i would lavish it on family and friends.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by kNIGHTHEAD
Well, I don't really know how often one gets an opportunity to play in a simultaneous exhibition versus any grand master but I reserved my seat anyway.
Alexei Shirov will be in Toronto Canada on the 27 February this year where we will first listen to one of his chess lectures and then play the simul games.
I'm totally looking forward to it.
Ask him for his autograph, then look at it and say, "Oh man, I thought I was playing Kasparov!" Then look bummed out. 😞

g

Moves
23 Jan 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
The player giving the simul should be able to recognise each postion
10 moves in and recall what he was up too. (I think that is what you are asking.)

In my case it was easy. I was attacking on all boards, gambits being the order of the day.
(I always took White, I always played 1.e4, I always sacced something in the first
6 or 7 moves.). Get the ...[text shortened]... t and jeans cut off at the knee."
Then he knew I was playing a gag. But it got me a pint.
A pint? Are you related to Blackburne? I never heard of these rules before. All I knew of a simulataneous chess exhibition is that it cost $100 to play Spassky some time ago. I think it was about 1979 but I do not remember. For $100 I would not want to have to play as though I was double parked.

e4

Moves
24 Jan 12
2 edits

Every one I seen there has always something said about passing.

When Karpov gave his simul in Glasgow in 1984 he looked down the
list of players of players against him and said one had to removed. (Roddy McKay).
What a honour, it's almost better than saying you beat him.

Do you a have a picture of the event, the game score?

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
24 Jan 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Every one I seen there has always something said about passing.

When Karpov gave his simul in Glasgow in 1984 he looked down the
list of players of players against him and said one had to removed. (Roddy McKay).
What a honour, it's almost better than saying you beat him.

Do you a have a picture of the event, the game score?
I don't remember exactly where, but I read a very nice thing about Karpov in a simul. I think it was in New York, and the simul came down to one last player, a male in his early teens who had promise.

Karpov stopped, fetched a clock from someone, and put himself (but not the boy) on the clock with 5 minutes, in the spirit of fair play.

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
24 Jan 12
2 edits

(Computer hiccup/redundant post.)