Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 12 Nov '05 21:21
    hi as a person rated 1400-1500, why do ppl the same rating have to learn by only playing 2000 rated people in unrated games. when there are chess books, and they seem to learnt plently already.
  2. Standard member Santa Drummer
    I AM INNOCENT
    13 Nov '05 01:13
    practice makes perfect

    But for dumplings like you it wont matter
  3. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    13 Nov '05 01:21
    Originally posted by Santa Drummer
    practice makes perfect

    But for dumplings like you it wont matter
    Aren't you nice...
  4. Standard member Santa Drummer
    I AM INNOCENT
    13 Nov '05 01:26
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Aren't you nice...
    Shut it goblin
  5. 13 Nov '05 01:34
    jeez santa lol flamming on a chess board have seen it all now
  6. Standard member Santa Drummer
    I AM INNOCENT
    13 Nov '05 01:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kread999
    jeez santa lol flamming on a chess board have seen it all now
    no you havent seen my [WORD TOO LONG]
  7. Standard member Amaurote
    No Name Maddox
    13 Nov '05 09:00
    glockenspiel?
  8. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    13 Nov '05 09:09
    Originally posted by scruffyjeffy
    hi as a person rated 1400-1500, why do ppl the same rating have to learn by only playing 2000 rated people in unrated games. when there are chess books, and they seem to learnt plently already.
    They think there is some magical solution to their problems and playing against someone who will beat the pants off them once they make the standard errors that are in every 1400s players' games.

    Newflash: There isn't.
  9. Standard member zakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    13 Nov '05 09:16
    Originally posted by Santa Drummer
    practice makes perfect

    But for dumplings like you it wont matter
    That's a lot of talk coming from someone who posts the nonsense that you do. Read some of your posts and realize how incredibly stupid you make yourself out to be.
  10. Standard member Smiffy
    SPS CLAN
    13 Nov '05 11:19
    im a 1400 player i rather learn by playin my own level 14-1500 until i get a 1600 ratin i wont play many big boys unless they challenge me
  11. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    13 Nov '05 11:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    They think there is some magical solution to their problems and playing against someone who will beat the pants off them once they make the standard errors that are in every 1400s players' games.
    indeed. getting beaten is not gonna get you anyhere if you can't understand the reason why. but if that 2000+ player explains those errors, it could be beneficial, or at least a starting point for work to improve. but I guess it gets a little boring to repeat the same things over and over again?
  12. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    13 Nov '05 11:59
    Originally posted by wormwood
    indeed. getting beaten is not gonna get you anyhere if you can't understand the reason why. but if that 2000+ player [b]explains those errors, it could be beneficial, or at least a starting point for work to improve. but I guess it gets a little boring to repeat the same things over and over again?[/b]
    Tactics. Tactics. Tactics.
  13. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    13 Nov '05 13:39
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Tactics. Tactics. Tactics.
    heh. I had that written in the original post verbatim, but took it out because I didn't want to put words in your mouth. then I headed to chess tactics server guided by these words of wisdom I sensed coming.
  14. 15 Nov '05 19:22
    Santa Drummer, I've noticed you in a lot of forums badmouthing. if i had such a small rating, i wouldn't draw attention to myself...