Is it allowed to create a second account on Playchess?

Is it allowed to create a second account on Playchess?

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MB

Moves
13 Jan 14

Hello.

I already have a premium account on Playchess, but my premium subscription expires soon. I'm going to buy another one year premium membership in a few days. But I hate my username there, so I want to create a new account.
So my question is: is it allowed to create a second account on Playchess? (and never login to the old account ever again)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Jan 14

Originally posted by Marc Benford
Hello.

I already have a premium account on Playchess, but my premium subscription expires soon. I'm going to buy another one year premium membership in a few days. But I hate my username there, so I want to create a new account.
So my question is: is it allowed to create a second account on Playchess? (and never login to the old account ever again)

You're best bet is to contact the admins or modz there and ask them.

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
13 Jan 14

Hello.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Playchess+Terms+of+Service

MB

Moves
13 Jan 14

@ChessPraxis: I thought about that, but if I choose to create a new account there anyways I don't want to get noticed and banned, so asking them may not be a good idea.

@Ragwort: Not very helpful...

Senecio Jacobaea

Yorkshire

Moves
13 Jan 14

@ChessPraxis: I thought about that, but if I choose to create a new account there anyways I don't want to get noticed and banned, so asking them may not be a good idea.

@Ragwort: Not very helpful...
If you read those conditions you would see that the membership ends after the stated period. Added to that the number of IM and GM books I've read in the last few years where they are trumpeting their 5 minute blitz games under several different names with the same site I think it is safe to draw the conclusion that so long as the money is rolling in the owners don't care.

But you are (once again) asking the wrong person.

After all anyone on here who had done it wouldn't want to be identified if they thought it was against playchess rules would they?

MB

Moves
13 Jan 14

But they are GMs/IMs, no moderator would be foolish enough to ban them for something as insignificant as creating a second account.. I'm just a patzer, they would ban me without mercy.

And about the "Terms of use":
"End of membership - For Standard members the membership automatically ends after the period the member has paid for (usually 3, 6 or 12 months). Premium members have to cancel their subscription to PlayChess on the PayPal site."
Are you sure this means that once my premium membership ends I can create a new account? I'm not so sure about that... (then again English isn't my native language so maybe I'm just stupid...)

SY

Moves
13 Jan 14

Once again, Marc Benford on the forums.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
13 Jan 14

Originally posted by Sebastian Yap
Once again, Marc Benford on the forums.
Are you stalking him or something? Get a life. 😕

SY

Moves
14 Jan 14

Do I even need to stalk for something so obvious?

e4

Moves
14 Jan 14
1 edit

To be honest mate I don't know why you are asking us.

Surley a question about the rules on another site would best be asked
on that site.

Ask on that other site if you can have two accounts on here.
You will get a ChessPraxis type reply. (which BTW I've given a thumb up!)

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
20 Jan 14

He asked the same ? on a "chessforum" site. I replied but was told I'd have to wait for moderator approval before my post would appear. The last time a moderator was there was 12-12-13