1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 22:23
    When I play chess i like quiet positions, or rather positions which are free from
    complications, you know the thing, creating targets against backward pawns etc I don't
    really like it when my opponents refuse to play positionally and simply sharpen the
    game for its own sake. The reasons for this are two fold, one runs the risk of tactically
    succumbing to some cheapo and it takes greater effort to formate plans plans when
    there are scant static positional features because of a lack of pawns and one instead
    must try to work with much more abstract dynamic factors and even tactics!
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 23:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    When I play chess i like quiet positions, or rather positions which are free from
    complications, you know the thing, creating targets against backward pawns etc I don't
    really like it when my opponents refuse to play positionally and simply sharpen the
    game for its own sake. The reasons for this are two fold, one runs the risk of tactically
    ...[text shortened]... ns and one instead
    must try to work with much more abstract dynamic factors and even tactics!
    There is no sure-fire way to keep a game closed, especially when your opponent knows you hate open positions. There is always a pawn break somewhere. You can't stop them all.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 23:41
    I find the Indian formations can lead to slightly slower positional games, but like SG said, there's no sure fire way to avoid open tactical positions. What openings do you play apart from the English?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '12 23:54
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I find the Indian formations can lead to slightly slower positional games, but like SG said, there's no sure fire way to avoid open tactical positions. What openings do you play apart from the English?
    I play anything, 1.e4, 1.d4, 1.Nf3, 1.c4, 1.b3, 1.f3, as black i play closed lopez against the king pawn if I can and Queens Indian and Nimzo against the queen pawn.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree