1. over there
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 23:01
    Every night I solve 25 tactical problems. I am wondering if this is enough to improve or if I should do more.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 23:11
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Every night I solve 25 tactical problems. I am wondering if this is enough to improve or if I should do more.
    How difficult are they? I say go for quality over quantity.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 23:19
    That's a good start, but try learning positional ideas as well. It's much harder to determine how well you're doing compared to tactical prowess, as you need to put the ideas you've learnt into practice in real games. However with computer programs and chess online, it's a lot easier than it used to be.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 23:32
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    Perfect!

I do 5 a day just to keep fresh but when I was doing my tactical training....Well I don't want to get into that. Check my blog for that. Address is under my profile. It helps a lot especially at the lower level.
  5. over there
    Moves
    14 Sep '06 21:141 edit
    The problems are of easy difficulty, but they are ment for pattern recognition.

After I get through the book twice I am going to study positional chess.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree