Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 22 Nov '07 00:51
    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2007.11.21"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "t8r10"]
    [Black "rubberjaw30"]
    [Result "0-1"]

    1. e2-e4 c7-c6 2. Bf1-c4 d7-d5 3. e4xd5 c6xd5 4. Bc4-b5 Bc8-d7 5. Bb5xd7 Qd8xd7 6. Ng1-f3 Nb8-c6 7. O-O e7-e6 8. d2-d4 Bf8-e7 9. c2-c3 Ng8-f6 10. Bc1-g5 O-O 11. b2-b4 b7-b5 12. a2-a4 a7-a6 13. a4-a5 Ra8-c8 14. Nf3-e5 Nc6xe5 15. d4xe5 Nf6-e4 16. Bg5xe7 Qd7xe7 17. Ra1-a3 Qe7-c7 18. f2-f3 Ne4xc3 19. Nb1xc3 Qc7xe5 20. Nc3-e2 Rc8-c4 21. f3-f4 Qe5-d6 22. Ra3-b3 Rc4xb4 23. Rb3xb4 Qd6xb4 24. Ne2-d4 Qb4xa5 25. Nd4-c6 Qa5-b6 26. Nc6-d4 Rf8-c8 27. Kg1-h1 b5-b4 28. Rf1-f3 a6-a5 29. f4-f5 Qb6xd4 30. Qd1xd4 Rc8-c1 31. Qd4-g1 Rc1xg1 32. Kh1xg1 a5-a4 33. Rf3-f1 a4-a3 34. Rf1-c1 g7-g6 35. f5-f6 h7-h5 36. Rc1-b1 a3-a2 37. Rb1-a1 b4-b3 38. Kg1-f1 b3-b2 0-1

    it looks like a novelty, and gave me a win.
    the move in question is 29. ... Qxd4

    looks perfectly sound, my pawns should beat his rook.



    after 29. ... Qxd4 white to move.
  2. 22 Nov '07 00:56 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2007.11.21"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "t8r10"]
    [Black "rubberjaw30"]
    [Result "0-1"]

    1. e2-e4 c7-c6 2. Bf1-c4 d7-d5 3. e4xd5 c6xd5 4. Bc4-b5 Bc8-d7 5. Bb5xd7 Qd8xd7 6. Ng1-f3 Nb8-c6 7. O-O e7-e6 8. d2-d4 Bf8-e7 9. c2-c3 Ng8-f6 10. Bc1-g5 O-O 11. b2-b4 b7-b5 12. a2-a4 a7-a6 13. a4-a5 Ra8-c8 14 ...[text shortened]... p/4p3/p2p1P2/1p1q4/5R2/6PP/3Q3K w - - 0 1[/fen]
    after 29. ... Qxd4 white to move.
    You're not trying to say that's all book up to move 29 are you?
  3. 22 Nov '07 00:56
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2007.11.21"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "t8r10"]
    [Black "rubberjaw30"]
    [Result "0-1"]

    1. e2-e4 c7-c6 2. Bf1-c4 d7-d5 3. e4xd5 c6xd5 4. Bc4-b5 Bc8-d7 5. Bb5xd7 Qd8xd7 6. Ng1-f3 Nb8-c6 7. O-O e7-e6 8. d2-d4 Bf8-e7 9. c2-c3 Ng8-f6 10. Bc1-g5 O-O 11. b2-b4 b7-b5 12. a2-a4 a7-a6 13. a4-a5 Ra8-c8 14 ...[text shortened]... p/4p3/p2p1P2/1p1q4/5R2/6PP/3Q3K w - - 0 1[/fen]
    after 29. ... Qxd4 white to move.
    ok, no, it wasn't sound.
    the guy's a 1550, and somehow he let this easy one get away!
    after a4 Rf4 wins doesn't it?
    could black have played it better than a4?
    or was it just an unsound sacrafice?
  4. 22 Nov '07 00:58
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    You're not trying to say that's all book up to move 29 are you?
    of course it's not book,
    and the FEN is correct, I just checked it with the board we played on... I've still got it set up.
  5. Standard member eagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    22 Nov '07 02:37
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    ok, no, it wasn't sound.
    the guy's a 1550, and somehow he let this easy one get away!
    after a4 Rf4 wins doesn't it?
    could black have played it better than a4?
    or was it just an unsound sacrafice?
    I think the sac is sound as white's king is close enough to stop black's second pair of pawns and the rook stops the other two
  6. 22 Nov '07 03:06
    Originally posted by eagleeye222001
    I think the sac is sound as white's king is close enough to stop black's second pair of pawns and the rook stops the other two
    I'm black dude, I'm sure you meant unsound...
  7. 22 Nov '07 03:16
    [Event "RHP Blitz rated"]
    [Site "www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2007.11.21"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "shaupka"]
    [Black "rubberjaw30"]
    [Result "0-1"]

    1. d2-d4 Ng8-f6 2. c2-c4 e7-e6 3. e2-e3 Bf8-b4 4. Nb1-c3 c7-c5 5. a2-a3 c5xd4 6. a3xb4 d4xc3 7. b2xc3 O-O 8. Ng1-f3 d7-d6 9. g2-g3 Bc8-d7 10. Bf1-g2 Bd7-c6 11. b4-b5 Bc6xf3 12. Bg2xf3 Qd8-c7 13. c4-c5 d6-d5 14. b5-b6 Qc7xc5 15. b6xa7 Ra8xa7 16. Ra1xa7 Qc5xa7 17. O-O Nb8-c6 18. Qd1-b3 Rf8-c8 19. c3-c4 Nc6-a5 20. Qb3-b5 Na5xc4 21. Rf1-d1 Qa7-a6 22. Qb5-b4 b7-b5 23. Rd1-d4 Nc4-e5 24. Bc1-b2 Ne5xf3 25. Kg1-g2 Nf3xd4 26. Qb4xd4 Qa6-a4 27. Qd4-e5 Qa4-e4 28. Qe5xe4 Nf6xe4 29. f2-f3 b5-b4 30. f3xe4 Rc8-c2 31. Kg2-f3 Rc2xb2 32. e4xd5 Rb2xh2 33. d5-d6 Rh2-d2 34. e3-e4 b4-b3 35. e4-e5 b3-b2 36. Kf3-e3 Rd2xd6 37. e5xd6 b2-b1=Q 38. d6-d7 Qb1-b8 39. d7-d8=N Qb8xd8 0-1






    this was funny, guy calls me an "a hole" whatever that's supposed to suggest. I mean, I'm not really a hole, I'm more of a full-figure human being...
    I didn't get it.
  8. Standard member eagleeye222001
    Eye rival to Saurons
    22 Nov '07 05:30
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    I'm black dude, I'm sure you meant unsound...
    Yeah, whatever. It is an unsound sac for black. If white had spent a few minutes on his next few moves, he would have figured out the correct moves.