Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 29 Nov '14 05:23
    Hi..I am new here, but not to chess. I'm looking for serious players who don't take more than 3 days to answer..under ANY circumstances. With NO time outs/vacations. Is this the right website for me ?
  2. 29 Nov '14 07:40
    yes, if you set your challenges up with the correct parameters
  3. 29 Nov '14 12:48
    This website has teams (clans) and tournaments...I would like the competition, but N-O-T the long waits for opponents to move OR resign when they have a lost position. Some chess sites allow W-A-Y too much time for players to answer. It takes all the fun out of getting a winning advantage !
  4. Subscriber venda
    Dave
    29 Nov '14 15:57
    Originally posted by woadman
    This website has teams (clans) and tournaments...I would like the competition, but N-O-T the long waits for opponents to move OR resign when they have a lost position. Some chess sites allow W-A-Y too much time for players to answer. It takes all the fun out of getting a winning advantage !
    If you subscribe you can play short duration tournaments , blitz and find a clan to join which plays quickly.
    As a non sub you can only play a max of 6 games and as stated have to set your own perameters and hope someone takes up the challenge.
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    29 Nov '14 22:50
    ... but N-O-T the long waits for opponents to move OR resign when they have a lost position. !
    Not everyone can see as deep as you!

btw: Do you think the position is lost for black at the start of the game?

Or do you normally offer a draw?
  6. 30 Nov '14 01:05
    It's my personal belief that (given equally strong players) the Black side should be able to draw... White might have a change to win. Also, I dont like short draws..I rather like to play endgames....
  7. 30 Nov '14 09:02
    Not all lost positions end up that way. Sometimes you get lucky.

8. 30 Nov '14 12:16
    Enthralling game Dwell, from your post and the way the game went
    in the opening I was trying to anticipate where White would blunder.
    When it got down to a Rook each there was only one way Black
    was going to win it.

You had no need to shed the exchange and the set up was quite
    similar to a game on here I was looking at a while back.

9. 30 Nov '14 14:55 / 2 edits
    Hi..I am new here, but not to chess. I'm looking for serious players who don't take more than 3 days to answer..under ANY circumstances. With NO time outs/vacations. Is this the right website for me ?
    I do not think we will meet your high expectations.
    I think you will end up going elsewhere.
    It is our loss. Sob.
    We will not see you rocket to the top of the leader board.

Stay,I beseech thee.