1. Joined
    05 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 07:11
    You know I'm very new to the chess world. I've only been playing since november of 2005 and i'll admit, I suck, at best. All this talk about I "Should" be 1700+, I "can" beat a 2000+, the rating system is flawed and theres too many cheaters. You know what, it is what it is. If your 1500 and change, then at that point that is your level of play. Don't talk about where you should be or where your gunna be. Let your playing speak for you. Whether your a 1700+ or 1100 and change player like me, You can always improve. There will be cheaters in anything on this earth that can be cheated. It's a part of life, deal with it. Just because there are people out there who are soft and wanna talk about how "high their rating is" even though they didn't earn it, don't let that affect your game or let you not wanna play becasue you fear cheaters. I'm not a good player, but I try very hard. I play Div I baseball and am a full time student but still find time to study chess because I wanna make my self better. I have a teammate who is legit 1650 and touches 1700 and change and atleast 3-4 times a week we go over openings and end games or whatever I'm struggling at at that particular point in time and he pretty much alwasy destroys me but I'm getting better and thats all that matters. I think it's pathetic if someone is going to post on here and say hey... look how good I am... thats pretty bad. shut your mouth and work on getting better. message players who are better than you, some of them will give you the time of day, and work on your game whether it be Openings, end games, checkmates, OTB or CC. All I'm saying is let your game do the talking.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 08:012 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 09:161 edit
    Originally posted by catchcody
    All I'm saying is let your game do the talking.
    You are using a lot of words if this is all you're sayng.

Of course there are cheaters here at RHP, noone denies that. But I refuse to think thay are in majority.
  4. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:29
    If they cheat let them
    As in golf victory is hollow if not earned so let them have their hollow victories while the rest of us enjoy the challenge
  5. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 13:37
    Originally posted by JoniG
    Who would bother to read this post. Please be realistic. You don't even know what you are asking.

I seem to can't figure it out on my own. Do you want to help us?

What's it that you ask brother?
    I hate to take a page out of Xanthos' book but a little reading comprehension would go a long way.
  6. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 16:37
    There was this one guy who said that if he got into a spot that he didn't know what move to play that he would consult his game manuals in order to figure it out... is this what you mean by cheating?

Or do you mean using some kind of computer program to calculate the best move?

Either way, Id say both tactics are cowardly inferior to gut knowledge.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:13
    Originally posted by ChessJester
    Either way, Id say both tactics are cowardly inferior to gut knowledge.
    My gut knows when it's hungry, but I don't find out until it tells my head.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 17:30
    Originally posted by catchcody
    You know I'm very new to the chess world. I've only been playing since november of 2005 and i'll admit, I suck, at best. All this talk about I "Should" be 1700+, I "can" beat a 2000+, the rating system is flawed and theres too many cheaters. You know what, it is what it is. If your 1500 and change, then at that point that is your level of play. Don't talk ...[text shortened]... games, checkmates, OTB or CC. All I'm saying is let your game do the talking.
    Betcha can't even dunk.
  9. EDMONTON ALBERTA
    Moves
    31 Mar '06 18:29
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    My gut knows when it's hungry, but I don't find out until it tells my head.
    Yeah, by "gut knowledge", I don't mean hunger! 😉 ... mostly, just intelligence on the game of chess, not really theory... but what you can call instinct?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree