1. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 13:191 edit
    Are you struggling to improve? Don't beat yourself up if your progress is not what you expect it to be. It gets complicated very quickly. This will give you a small idea of what your up against in our beloved game. 🙂

YouTube&t=120s
  2. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    04 Jan '18 15:49
    when chess computers were first being built, I remember there were two camps of programmers. One group wanted to use "brute strength" and calculate every move. The other guys were trying to figure the "best" moves while discarding all the nonsense ones. I don't have a clue as to how the chess engines "think" but it can't be brute strength, as your video proves
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    05 Jan '18 23:39
    it got complicated since I got married. Well before that, since i had a girlfriend. Doesn't seem to understand chess at al. Get told off often enough for coming home later
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 17:59
    Originally posted by @boardreader
    it got complicated since I got married. Well before that, since i had a girlfriend. Doesn't seem to understand chess at al. Get told off often enough for coming home later
    Make sure you pick up flowers each time you play to give to your wife as a peace offering.

See if that helps.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jan '18 23:20
    Be cautious on opens: you may get female opponent with strong parfume. If you in addition accidentally bring home a hair - you´ll never prove you´re innocent.
  6. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 04:54
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    Be cautious on opens: you may get female opponent with strong parfume. If you in addition accidentally bring home a hair - you´ll never prove you´re innocent.
    All the more reason to stick with correspondence chess. Not many stray hairs on cyberspace. 😀
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 15:31
    Originally posted by @ogb
    when chess computers were first being built, I remember there were two camps of programmers. One group wanted to use "brute strength" and calculate every move. The other guys were trying to figure the "best" moves while discarding all the nonsense ones. I don't have a clue as to how the chess engines "think" but it can't be brute strength, as your video proves
    See Kasparov's recently published "Deep Thinking"; he explains it well.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 15:32
    Get a dog. The later you come home, the happier the dog is to see you again.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '18 18:25
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Get a dog. The later you come home, the happier the dog is to see you again.
    You just have to know what makes females happy. True, women are not all the same but many women can be bought with gifts.

Remember, it isn't what you would like, it is what she would like. Women are wired differently than guys and many women are wired to like gifts.

See if buying her happiness works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree