Jacklobo Banned

Jacklobo Banned

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
11 Jun 09

User 305794 And there was me thinking he was just an undiscovered brazillian talent waiting to break onto the grandmaster circuit.... NAAAAAT!

G

Lagos

Moves
11 Jun 09

Any idea why he was banned? Engine use? Or suspected engine use?

R

The Smoke

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
User 305794 And there was me thinking he was just an undiscovered brazillian talent waiting to break onto the grandmaster circuit.... NAAAAAT!
this may have been discussed before but I'm still wondering as to why, in the instances like this, the player in question technically remains the tournament winner? is that imposed by some RHP db peculiarities or there are some other considerations? surely, the 1st runner-up deserves to be proclaimed the winner of the tournament, like it generally happens in sports. I'm pretty sure that in Tournament 2380 player cambridgeian wants to see his avatar and name there, take a screenshot, take it home and frame it.

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by Renars
this may have been discussed before but I'm still wondering as to why, in the instances like this, the player in question [b]technically remains the tournament winner? is that imposed by some RHP db peculiarities or there are some other considerations? surely, the 1st runner-up deserves to be proclaimed the winner of the tournament, like it generally happ ...[text shortened]... eian[/b] wants to see his avatar and name there, take a screenshot, take it home and frame it.[/b]
Yeah, it's f'ing ridiculous.

e4

Moves
12 Jun 09

I agree but only if the lad has been booted for cheating.
Which does look like it as he is another of the 'no profile/no post' mob.

He has been here 2½ years.

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by Renars
this may have been discussed before but I'm still wondering as to why, in the instances like this, the player in question [b]technically remains the tournament winner? is that imposed by some RHP db peculiarities or there are some other considerations? surely, the 1st runner-up deserves to be proclaimed the winner of the tournament, like it generally happ ...[text shortened]... eian[/b] wants to see his avatar and name there, take a screenshot, take it home and frame it.[/b]
there's no guarantee the 2nd place in the final round went for the player who deserved the win, as the cheater might've bumped better players off in all his previous rounds. all games would've to be reconsidered, which would open yet another can of worms. there is no just solution.

R

The Smoke

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by wormwood
there's no guarantee the 2nd place in the final round went for the player who deserved the win, as the cheater might've bumped better players off in all his previous rounds
ok, I see your point... fair enough.. however, this specific tournament was an octet where it could've been done, but oh well.. all the others usually have rounds, yes