Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    22 Feb '16 20:10
    In case anyone missed this, interview with Judit Polgar

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35634119
  2. Subscriber Ponderable On Vacation
    chemist
    26 Feb '16 11:58
    Just in case I am not the only dumb person around. the link points to a Video of Players playing in ice water, not a speech of Judit.
  3. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    26 Feb '16 12:39
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Just in case I am not the only dumb person around. the link points to a Video of Players playing in ice water, not a speech of Judit.
    Maybe you just don't know how to get there Actually, same for me. Don't think I would like to be playing in ice water for sure!
  4. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    26 Feb '16 14:15
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Just in case I am not the only dumb person around. the link points to a Video of Players playing in ice water, not a speech of Judit.
    On the page there's a link to this page which is more likely to be what moonbus intended:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    27 Feb '16 17:00
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    On the page there's a link to this page which is more likely to be what moonbus intended:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650
    I admire Judit's work ethic as much as her talent. It takes both to achieve greatness in chess.
  6. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Feb '16 14:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    On the page there's a link to this page which is more likely to be what moonbus intended:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35483650
    Was the defeat of Kas with full tournament time controls or was it blitz? If tournie controls it would be a much more meaningful win.
  7. Subscriber Ponderable On Vacation
    chemist
    29 Feb '16 15:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Was the defeat of Kas with full tournament time controls or was it blitz? If tournie controls it would be a much more meaningful win.
    The tournament was played under rapid rules with 25 minutes per game and a 10 second bonus per move.
  8. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    29 Feb '16 17:37
    Sorry, guys, I screwed up the links. Try again:

    YouTube

    YouTube

    YouTube
  9. Standard member lemon lime
    go phish
    29 Feb '16 23:32
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Sorry, guys, I screwed up the links. Try again:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DgosX9_T2U

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kagK68zt5R4

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2cyPInVO8Y
    I'm feeling a bit bored today, so....

    (the same 3 links)

    YouTube

    YouTube

    YouTube