Just got out of prison

Just got out of prison

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
19 May 18

I just got out! I was the yard chess champion which is a little sad because I suck at chess. Feels good to be out though. You would think I would be out running around but no...I'm sitting here playing chess.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 May 18

Originally posted by @nevare
I just got out! I was the yard chess champion which is a little sad because I suck at chess. Feels good to be out though. You would think I would be out running around but no...I'm sitting here playing chess.
How long were you in and what for? How many chess players play there? Canada I presume?
My chess club went to a local prison and played games with the guys there, they were grateful for the distraction. There was a form I was supposed to fill out and I goofed on it and one of the prisoners was a forger and did a bit of magic on the form and fixed it for me🙂

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
19 May 18

I was in for 8 years in the worst prisons the good old U.S.A had to offer. I'm back in Canada now. They deported me after my sentence.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
19 May 18

...the chess players in prison are terrible. I'm a strong beginner LoL and I was the best player the whole 8 years and I was in 3 different prisons in 8 years. They think they are good but I always told them I am a beginner and I beat everyone so they are terrible...they refused to believe me. I never met any real players.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 May 18
2 edits

...the chess players in prison are terrible. I'm a strong beginner LoL and I was the best player the whole 8 years and I was in 3 different prisons in 8 years. They think they are good but I always told them I am a beginner and I beat everyone so they are terrible...they refused to believe me. I never met any real players.
I was in the USAF and on the train trip to Lackland AFB, basic training, it was a 3 day ride full of new recruits. I had just learned to play a few months earlier at college, Palomar College in San Marcos and on the train I saw someone had a small portable set. I asked him if he wanted to play, he said yes but I only play for money! Wow, so I said, ok, lets play for a buck.

"I only play for 5 dollars minimum' Double wow. So other guys were listening, also bored and interest picked up on the game. I talked the dude down to two bucks and a guy said he would referee so he took our 4 bucks and we started playing.

I went through that dude like a knife through butter and I was really just a beginner with only a few months playing under my belt. So I won and everyone was impressed.
I just could not understand how someone that weak thought he could play for money.

Later I saw the guy in the USO club and I asked him if he wanted another game, he turned red in the face and walked out rather quickly🙂

I guess there are worse things than getting deported to Canada, eh. What kind of work do you do? How long have you been out?

Moves
20 May 18

Great story!
Chess is a great sport and a perfect way to start a new mode of life.
I wish you well.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
20 May 18

Congrats!

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
20 May 18

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone. I do renovations...kitchens, bathrooms, hardwood floors etc but I will do any type of work to pay the rent. I've only been out for 4 days and my guts are killing me. Prison food is bland and starchy so all this food with grease and sugar is killing my guts. Been on the toilet mostly LoL...The other inmates told me this would happen.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
I was in the USAF and on the train trip to Lackland AFB, basic training, it was a 3 day ride full of new recruits. I had just learned to play a few months earlier at college, Palomar College in San Marcos and on the train I saw someone had a small portable set. I asked him if he wanted to play, he said yes but I only play for money! Wow, so I said, ok, let ...[text shortened]... gs than getting deported to Canada, eh. What kind of work do you do? How long have you been out?
One Russian dude said he thought he was "maybe rated 2000...an expert"...My eyes got big and I couldn't help but laugh. I told him I was in more than 30 tournaments in the U.S. and I never made it out of the beginner section and I beat you 8 out of 10. He asked what my rating was and I said 1200 (It was actually closer to 1400)...He got so depressed he didn't play anymore.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

One Russian dude said he thought he was "maybe rated 2000...an expert"...My eyes got big and I couldn't help but laugh. I told him I was in more than 30 tournaments in the U.S. and I never made it out of the beginner section and I beat you 8 out of 10. He asked what my rating was and I said 1200 (It was actually closer to 1400)...He got so depressed he didn't play anymore.
He just has an ego problem. He probably was a bit better than his fellow inmates and came to think he was expert.

BTW, you might want to invest in something called Probiotics, my wife has gut problems and we got some of those pills and they seem to be helping her.

Probiotics is a pill of active gut friendly bacteria and the more the merrier, some say they have 5 billion individual bacteria but the stuff we take says FIFTY billion.

It takes a couple of weeks for benefits to show up, the bacteria have to migrate down the guts and establish their colonies and start doing their magic.

At the least, consume yogurt. The ones that say 'active culture', they have probiotics in them but not as much as probiotic pills.

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
He just has an ego problem. He probably was a bit better than his fellow inmates and came to think he was expert.

BTW, you might want to invest in something called Probiotics, my wife has gut problems and we got some of those pills and they seem to be helping her.

Probiotics is a pill of active gut friendly bacteria and the more the merrier, some sa ...[text shortened]... ones that say 'active culture', they have probiotics in them but not as much as probiotic pills.
Take an antacid about an hour before consuming probiotics. Otherwise, the gastric HCL will kill the active cultures.

E

Moves
20 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Take an antacid about an hour before consuming probiotics. Otherwise, the gastric HCL will kill the active cultures.
Somehow some makes it. They find probiotics passing through the system from eating fermented saurkraut.

Enteric coating is supposed to help as well.

His problem will self correct in a week or two although probiotics are just a good idea as long as you have the extra money.

n
TRUMP

Canada

Moves
20 May 18

Dude I'm dying here...man alive my guts hurt. It hurts to wipe now. I walked all over town trying to find an electronic chess set...nobody has any. I guess everyone plays video games now. I imagine I will be fine in a few days. I stopped eating. Only beer and cigarettes now. $13 a pack! They can send me back to the good old U.S.A any time they want.

Moves
20 May 18

Dude I'm dying here...man alive my guts hurt. It hurts to wipe now. I walked all over town trying to find an electronic chess set...nobody has any. I guess everyone plays video games now. I imagine I will be fine in a few days. I stopped eating. Only beer and cigarettes now. $13 a pack! They can send me back to the good old U.S.A any time they want.
Hang in there buddy! All good roads lead to better things for you now.
Keep playing online.

Moves
20 May 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Somehow some makes it. They find probiotics passing through the system from eating fermented saurkraut.

Enteric coating is supposed to help as well.

His problem will self correct in a week or two although probiotics are just a good idea as long as you have the extra money.
All true.