Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    07 Sep '09 18:33
    I just heard it while following bilbao. pretty amazing. sort of feels like the god of chess returned to adopt a son and kick chess onto a higher level. extremely interested to see how it all turns out.

chessvibes story:
    http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/garry-kasparov-and-magnus-carlsen-team-up/#more-15955

the follow-up story
    http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/magnus-carlsen-my-job-is-to-improve-my-chess/#more-15978
  2. 07 Sep '09 18:58
    Topaloser should be very worried.
  3. 07 Sep '09 19:26
    Meh. Kaspy may not be a good coach.
  4. 07 Sep '09 19:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Meh. Kaspy may not be a good coach.
    It looks like the Carlsens are willing to give Garry the benefit of the doubt.
  5. 07 Sep '09 19:51
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    It looks like the Carlsens are willing to give Garry the benefit of the doubt.
    Yes, but we shouldn't get our panties in a bunch quite yet.
  6. 07 Sep '09 19:53
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Yes, but we shouldn't get our panties in a bunch quite yet.
    My panties are quite unbunched.
  7. Standard member wargamer66
    Steve B.
    07 Sep '09 22:47
    Carlsen, or any chessplayer, would be insane for passing up an opportunity to get coaching from Kasparov. That said, you had better have a healthy ego and not take the horrible criticism headed your way. It would probably drive me to drink.
  8. 08 Sep '09 00:21
    Originally posted by wargamer66
    Carlsen, or any chessplayer, would be insane for passing up an opportunity to get coaching from Kasparov. That said, you had better have a healthy ego and not take the horrible criticism headed your way. It would probably drive me to drink.
    If Kasparov were to coach me it would drive him to drink!
  9. Donation ketchuplover
    G.O.A.T.
    08 Sep '09 17:39
    Personally I thought Magnus was doing fine sans Kasparov. I hope he gets his money's worth.
  10. 08 Sep '09 20:49
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Personally I thought Magnus was doing fine sans Kasparov. I hope he gets his money's worth.
    I heard Kasparov was clamouring for 40% of whatever Carlsen makes.