1. Joined
    08 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 15:28
    Hello everyone. I have an otb rating of around 1850 cfc uscf 1890. I play the french and the classical dutch as black. Now i'm a fairly lazy player when it comes to looking at openings and was trying to decide on playing either a King's Indian Attack or the Colle. I mostly enjoy playing sharp, aggressive games, but I can also play "Silman" chess.
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 07:53
    Originally posted by MikeZeggelaar
    Hello everyone. I have an otb rating of around 1850 cfc uscf 1890. I play the french and the classical dutch as black. Now i'm a fairly lazy player when it comes to looking at openings and was trying to decide on playing either a King's Indian Attack or the Colle. I mostly enjoy playing sharp, aggressive games, but I can also play "Silman" chess.
    May I ask...are you refering to OTB or Correspondence Chess? Same game I know, but they require a different approach.
  3. Joined
    08 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 12:07
    Originally posted by bill718
    May I ask...are you refering to OTB or Correspondence Chess? Same game I know, but they require a different approach.
    What I do in correspondence chess normally will eventually come out over the board. So I guess I mean that I want to take one up in correspondence chess for the practice and eventually use it over the board.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 14:02
    If you play the Colle, your opponent can force you out of it. KIA you pretty much do what you do, then make adjustments. For laziness sake, I'd go with KIA.
  5. washington
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 21:07
    I hate the colle. kia much more exciting.
  6. USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 23:43
    As a fellow 1800 level player, I'd have to say that I would much rather face the colle than the KIA, so you should probably stick with the KIA.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '09 00:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    If you play the Colle, your opponent can force you out of it. KIA you pretty much do what you do, then make adjustments. For laziness sake, I'd go with KIA.
    I agree with this. if you want the simplest possible repetoire that still gives reasonable chances, go with the KIA.

Also, learning the KIA is much more useful in the long run. Even if you decide to give up the KIA proper and go to more conventional openings, you may decide to use the closed Sicilian or the KIA against the French. Whereas the Colle system is basically the Colle system.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree