Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 12:08
    Given the recent wave of nonsub tournaments I've decided to organize one myself. This will be different from the ones organised till now cause it'll be a thematic tournament. The point of this tournament is to explore the delight of the King's Indian Defence. This chess opening can be achieved from the moves:

    1. d4 Nf3
    2. c4 g6
    3.Nc3 Bg7
    4. e4 d6

    I wnat to do an 8 people double round-robin tournament so that everybody will pay everybody and everybody plays the same games with both black and white.
    So if you wanna join in just PM me.

    Ps: I already have to places taken so now 6 more people can join.

    Pps: in8hsens (I hope I got your name right) If you want to join you can since you are the guy who started this nonsub tournament wave.
  2. Standard member bannedplayer306509
    Best Loser
    17 May '07 12:13
    hehe. it seems interesting but I'd never play the KID in a rated game.

    plus I just started a long haul tournament and I have over 50 games in progress now.. yikes.

    Thanks anyways though,
    Matt
  3. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 12:24
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    hehe. it seems interesting but I'd never play the KID in a rated game.

    plus I just started a long haul tournament and I have over 50 games in progress now.. yikes.

    Thanks anyways though,
    Matt
    Ok. I don't know now if it'll be rated or not. I was thinking in doing a poll once all 8 people are in to see if we will do it as a set piece game (non rated) or if everybody has to follow the move order I gave. If you change your mind just let me know.
  4. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 12:49
    Four people up till now. I'll post all names once we're down to eight!
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    17 May '07 13:07
    What time limits are you considering?
  6. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 13:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What time limits are you considering?
    3 days per move 3 days time bank. I wnat people to do some good chess so I don't want to rush anybody.
  7. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    17 May '07 13:13
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I don't want to rush anybody.
    It's still too fast for me, though!
  8. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 13:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's still too fast for me, though!
    But for some people I'll fear that it'll be too fast. The best I can do is 3/7. Unless everbody agrees on 7/7 which frankly I dont think will happen.
  9. 17 May '07 14:00
    Since non-subs are limited to 6 games at a time and this tournament is in double RR format, you should consider making this either 4-person or 7-person rather than 8-person.
  10. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 14:04
    Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
    Since non-subs are limited to 6 games at a time and this tournament is in double RR format, you should consider making this either 4-person or 7-person rather than 8-person.
    True but that way we should have too few games. If not enough people come forward than I'll guess I'll have to do it with 4 or 6. But till now we got 4 people in.
  11. 17 May '07 14:12
    So, will each player be playing all their games at once? Just wondering how many slots I need open.
  12. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 14:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    So, will each player be playing all their games at once? Just wondering how many slots I need open.
    No. Each player will play just one game at a time. But s/he'll need tp play all the others eventually. So you just need a free game slot.
  13. 17 May '07 14:24
    Far too slow for me.
    Maybe if it was 1 day t/o and 3 days t/b.
  14. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    17 May '07 14:28
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Far too slow for me.
    Maybe if it was 1 day t/o and 3 days t/b.
    1 day per move is not an option. I think it rushes the moves and can cause a lot of blunders. But I want this to be a good tournament with good games. You'll just have to have a free gameslot.
    The minimum is 3/3 and the maximum is 7/3. But most of all the games will be moving quicker than that.
  15. 17 May '07 14:32
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    1 day per move is not an option. I think it rushes the moves and can cause a lot of blunders. But I want this to be a good tournament with good games. You'll just have to have a free gameslot.
    The minimum is 3/3 and the maximum is 7/3. But most of all the games will be moving quicker than that.
    Yes, I move rather fast for CC anyway. 3/3 would be fine for me. So, am I in, Adam?