1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 12:08
    Given the recent wave of nonsub tournaments I've decided to organize one myself. This will be different from the ones organised till now cause it'll be a thematic tournament. The point of this tournament is to explore the delight of the King's Indian Defence. This chess opening can be achieved from the moves:

1. d4 Nf3
    2. c4 g6
    3.Nc3 Bg7
    4. e4 d6

I wnat to do an 8 people double round-robin tournament so that everybody will pay everybody and everybody plays the same games with both black and white.
    So if you wanna join in just PM me.

Ps: I already have to places taken so now 6 more people can join.

Pps: in8hsens (I hope I got your name right) If you want to join you can since you are the guy who started this nonsub tournament wave.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '07 12:13
    hehe. it seems interesting but I'd never play the KID in a rated game.

plus I just started a long haul tournament and I have over 50 games in progress now.. yikes.

Thanks anyways though,
    Matt
  3. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 12:24
    Originally posted by ih8sens
    hehe. it seems interesting but I'd never play the KID in a rated game.

plus I just started a long haul tournament and I have over 50 games in progress now.. yikes.

Thanks anyways though,
    Matt
    Ok. I don't know now if it'll be rated or not. I was thinking in doing a poll once all 8 people are in to see if we will do it as a set piece game (non rated) or if everybody has to follow the move order I gave. If you change your mind just let me know.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 12:49
    Four people up till now. I'll post all names once we're down to eight!
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 May '07 13:07
    What time limits are you considering?
  6. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 13:11
    Originally posted by Palynka
    What time limits are you considering?
    3 days per move 3 days time bank. I wnat people to do some good chess so I don't want to rush anybody.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    17 May '07 13:13
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I don't want to rush anybody.
    It's still too fast for me, though!
  8. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's still too fast for me, though!
    But for some people I'll fear that it'll be too fast. The best I can do is 3/7. Unless everbody agrees on 7/7 which frankly I dont think will happen.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:00
    Since non-subs are limited to 6 games at a time and this tournament is in double RR format, you should consider making this either 4-person or 7-person rather than 8-person.
  10. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:04
    Originally posted by AlboMalapropFoozer
    Since non-subs are limited to 6 games at a time and this tournament is in double RR format, you should consider making this either 4-person or 7-person rather than 8-person.
    True but that way we should have too few games. If not enough people come forward than I'll guess I'll have to do it with 4 or 6. But till now we got 4 people in.
  11. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:12
    So, will each player be playing all their games at once? Just wondering how many slots I need open.
  12. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by AlphaAlekhine
    So, will each player be playing all their games at once? Just wondering how many slots I need open.
    No. Each player will play just one game at a time. But s/he'll need tp play all the others eventually. So you just need a free game slot.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:24
    Far too slow for me.
    Maybe if it was 1 day t/o and 3 days t/b. 🙁
  14. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:28
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Far too slow for me.
    Maybe if it was 1 day t/o and 3 days t/b. 🙁
    1 day per move is not an option. I think it rushes the moves and can cause a lot of blunders. But I want this to be a good tournament with good games. You'll just have to have a free gameslot.
    The minimum is 3/3 and the maximum is 7/3. But most of all the games will be moving quicker than that.
  15. Joined
    28 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 May '07 14:32
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    1 day per move is not an option. I think it rushes the moves and can cause a lot of blunders. But I want this to be a good tournament with good games. You'll just have to have a free gameslot.
    The minimum is 3/3 and the maximum is 7/3. But most of all the games will be moving quicker than that.
    Yes, I move rather fast for CC anyway. 3/3 would be fine for me. So, am I in, Adam?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree