Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 09 Oct '07 14:36
    if i left only king can i make draw by moves on this site?
  2. 09 Oct '07 14:46
    Originally posted by twiti
    depends on what your opponent has left, I reckon
  3. 09 Oct '07 14:47
    Depends of how many pieces your opponent have.
    Does he also have a king only? Or doesn't have enough pieces to mate you? Then claim the draw.
    Does your opponent have pieces so he can mate you whenever he wants to but doesn't of some obscure reasons, then look for three identical positions, and then, claim the draw.
    Or just go on playing and hope for his time-out, skull him, and get the win for free...
  4. 09 Oct '07 15:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Depends of how many pieces your opponent have.
    Does he also have a king only? Or doesn't have enough pieces to mate you? Then claim the draw.
    Does your opponent have pieces so he can mate you whenever he wants to but doesn't of some obscure reasons, then look for three identical positions, and then, claim the draw.
    Or just go on playing and hope for his time-out, skull him, and get the win for free...
    Our start counting off 50 moves if no pawns are being moved and you're not capturing anything.

The site developers have implemented it according to proper chess rules that you much claim such a draw. It does not automatically occur.
  5. 09 Oct '07 15:42
    so cannot make draw and i should give up?
    i have only king and the opponent have king pawn and rook
  6. 09 Oct '07 15:46
    You're rated 1600+ here yet ask such a question????????
  7. 09 Oct '07 16:03
    I am suprised someone with your rating doesnt know that! However you are not allowed to discuss a game thats in progress, you would be hoping for your opponent to blunder basically.
  8. 09 Oct '07 16:31 / 1 edit
    (Pigface1: I am suprised someone with your rating doesnt know that! However you are not allowed to discuss a game thats in progress, you would be hoping for your opponent to blunder basically.)

listen and listen good usually i play and if the king left the opponent have 20 moves to mate me so dont bla bla too much maybe this site have diffrent rules so if you cannot help so mind your own beisness
  9. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    09 Oct '07 16:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by ouwe belg
    You're rated 1600+ here yet ask such a question????????
    I think you misunderstood the question. I think he asked a site rools related question. Not a question about the rools of chess.
  10. Standard member English Tal
    Phoneless
    09 Oct '07 16:46
    listen and listen good usually i play and if the king left the opponent have 20 moves to mate me so dont bla bla too much maybe this site have diffrent rules so if you cannot help so mind your own beisness
    If you ask for assistance, it helps if you don't appear to be rude.
  11. 09 Oct '07 16:50
    Originally posted by English Tal
    If you ask for assistance, it helps if you don't appear to be rude.
    peace
  12. 09 Oct '07 17:18 / 3 edits
    (Pigface1: I am suprised someone with your rating doesnt know that! However you are not allowed to discuss a game thats in progress, you would be hoping for your opponent to blunder basically.)

Firstly I was attempting to help by telling you that discussion of games underway is against the rules, I did so because you didnt seem to know this and I thought I would mention it before the almighty mods come along.

Secondly I misunderstood your precise point due to your english, my apologies for that, the rules state 50 moves without a capture or a pawn movement can force the draw, but you will have to claim the draw, it will not draw automatically.

Thirdly, and most importantly, rudeness is unnecessary "listen to that and listen good" it will stand you in good stead for the future.

Pigface

EDIT

Lastly, you cannot hope to survive more than about 10 moves tops in the game stated below.
  13. 09 Oct '07 17:18 / 2 edits
    so cannot make draw and i should give up?
    i have only king and the opponent have king pawn and rook
    you ask the above question about Game 4114632
    and you have a 1621 rating. no comment. I'm sitting there in silence.
  14. 09 Oct '07 17:40
    thenx everybody for assisting and helping to find the answer for a simple question
    peace
  15. 09 Oct '07 18:02
    Originally posted by diskamyl
    you ask the above question about Game 4114632
    and you have a 1621 rating. no comment. I'm sitting there in silence.
    I don't think he asked specifically of this game. He was very general in his words.

He was simply asking how RHP works, how draw works here. He's been away for two years, and RHP has changed a bit since then.

I don't think he was asking about the draw rule, and not specifically about this game. But this is only my opinion.