king left

king left

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
09 Oct 07

if i left only king can i make draw by moves on this site?

STS

Moves
09 Oct 07

Originally posted by twiti
depends on what your opponent has left, I reckon

F

Moves
09 Oct 07

Depends of how many pieces your opponent have.
Does he also have a king only? Or doesn't have enough pieces to mate you? Then claim the draw.
Does your opponent have pieces so he can mate you whenever he wants to but doesn't of some obscure reasons, then look for three identical positions, and then, claim the draw.
Or just go on playing and hope for his time-out, skull him, and get the win for free...

t

Garner, NC

Moves
09 Oct 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Depends of how many pieces your opponent have.
Does he also have a king only? Or doesn't have enough pieces to mate you? Then claim the draw.
Does your opponent have pieces so he can mate you whenever he wants to but doesn't of some obscure reasons, then look for three identical positions, and then, claim the draw.
Or just go on playing and hope for his time-out, skull him, and get the win for free...
Our start counting off 50 moves if no pawns are being moved and you're not capturing anything.

The site developers have implemented it according to proper chess rules that you much claim such a draw. It does not automatically occur.

t

Moves
09 Oct 07

so cannot make draw and i should give up?
i have only king and the opponent have king pawn and rook

ob

Moves
09 Oct 07

You're rated 1600+ here yet ask such a question????????

P

Moves
09 Oct 07

I am suprised someone with your rating doesnt know that! However you are not allowed to discuss a game thats in progress, you would be hoping for your opponent to blunder basically.

t

Moves
09 Oct 07
1 edit

(Pigface1: I am suprised someone with your rating doesnt know that! However you are not allowed to discuss a game thats in progress, you would be hoping for your opponent to blunder basically.)

listen and listen good usually i play and if the king left the opponent have 20 moves to mate me so dont bla bla too much maybe this site have diffrent rules so if you cannot help so mind your own beisness

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
09 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by ouwe belg
You're rated 1600+ here yet ask such a question????????
I think you misunderstood the question. I think he asked a site rools related question. Not a question about the rools of chess.

ET
Phoneless

Friendly Chess Club

Moves
09 Oct 07

listen and listen good usually i play and if the king left the opponent have 20 moves to mate me so dont bla bla too much maybe this site have diffrent rules so if you cannot help so mind your own beisness
If you ask for assistance, it helps if you don't appear to be rude.

t

Moves
09 Oct 07

Originally posted by English Tal
If you ask for assistance, it helps if you don't appear to be rude.
peace

SS

Moves
09 Oct 07
1 edit

P

Moves
09 Oct 07
3 edits

(Pigface1: I am suprised someone with your rating doesnt know that! However you are not allowed to discuss a game thats in progress, you would be hoping for your opponent to blunder basically.)

Firstly I was attempting to help by telling you that discussion of games underway is against the rules, I did so because you didnt seem to know this and I thought I would mention it before the almighty mods come along.

Secondly I misunderstood your precise point due to your english, my apologies for that, the rules state 50 moves without a capture or a pawn movement can force the draw, but you will have to claim the draw, it will not draw automatically.

Thirdly, and most importantly, rudeness is unnecessary "listen to that and listen good" it will stand you in good stead for the future.

Pigface

EDIT

Lastly, you cannot hope to survive more than about 10 moves tops in the game stated below.

d

Moves
09 Oct 07
2 edits

so cannot make draw and i should give up?
i have only king and the opponent have king pawn and rook
you ask the above question about Game 4114632
and you have a 1621 rating. no comment. I'm sitting there in silence.

t

Moves
09 Oct 07

thenx everybody for assisting and helping to find the answer for a simple question
peace