1. Joined
    24 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 07:52
    I've just started looking at Falkbeer's counter accepted. Can anyone tell me why even though black seems to cancel whites castle ability fairly often, it still seems like white plays the middle game with an advantage? Is black attacking too fast? And if they were to slow down, does this opening give white a large development advantage?

Thanx for any thoughts!

-Kevin

The following are some of the games I've been looking at (specifically, the last 2).
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chess.pl?page=19&eco=C32

(also, sorry for the newb question, but when i go to post a pgn, what do i paste into the box when i click insert board from pgn)
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 08:402 edits
    Hi, i never faced it but i remember a discussion i was having during one of my games with an excellent player, paulbuchmanfromfics, and he gave the following as to why the counter gambit is in bad shape, he also noted that no deviation for black seemed satisfactory. sorry i cannot be of further assistance - regards robbie.

1.e4 e5 2.f4 d5 3.exd5 e4 4. d3 Nf6 5. dxe4 Nxe4 6. Nf3 Bc5 7. Qe2 Bf5 8. Nc3 Qe7 9. Be3 Bxe3 10. Qxe3 Nxc3 11. Qxe7 Kxe7 12. bxc3

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree