1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 00:02
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    That's an excellent plan if White castles kingside, but in many variations of the Saemisch White castles long. And White may delay his decision for a bit, so finding constructive moves for Black when he doesn't know where White's king is going to live is a challange.
    that's an interesting concept, and with it, I'm going to steal this thread:

1. e4 e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. Bc4 Bc5
    4. 0-0

one of the "rules" of chess is to castle/protect your king early, but is this extreme? could white develop other pieces before castling and be better off, since black can not know for sure to which side of the board the white king will go? after 4.0-0, black knows where the king is, and can prepare for it, but if white keeps both options open until after his other development has completed, black has to stay honest and develop for both possibilities, doesn't he? in this sense, castling early may be the most inconsistent "rule" in all of chess!
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 00:20
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30

1. e4 e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. Bc4 Bc5
    4. 0-0

one of the "rules" of chess is to castle/protect your king early, but is this extreme? could white develop other pieces before castling and be better off, since black can not know for sure to which side of the board the white king ...[text shortened]... 't he? in this sense, castling early may be the most inconsistent "rule" in all of chess!
    if you have momentum, and no clear danger to the king, castling can be delayed. the idea being that you lose a step in piece developement, while your opponent gains one
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 00:242 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    if you have momentum, and no clear danger to the king, castling can be delayed. the idea being that you lose a step in piece developement, while your opponent gains one
    technically castling is piece development
  4. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 00:40

1. e4 e5
    2. Nf3 Nc6
    3. Bc4 Bc5
    4. 0-0
    4.0-0 is incorrect.
    4.b4! is winning.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 00:41
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    4.0-0 is incorrect.
    4.b4! is winning.
    4. b4?? Bxb4!!
    5. c3?? Be7!! and white is dead, rotting, E. Coli infested meat!
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 08:09
    4. b4?? Bxb4!!
    5. c3?? Be7!! and white is dead, rotting, E. Coli infested meat!
    Take a look at this page on the Evans Gambit (i.e. b4) http://www.chesscorner.com/tutorial/openings/evans/evans_gambit.htm as well as Tim Harding's excellent article on Chigorin and the Evans http://www.chesscafe.com/text/kibitz90.pdf
    White is not as dead as all that, it would seem.
    This should probably be a new thread anyway.
    Against the Samisch 5. f3, Gallagher's book on the KID recommends 5. ... 0-0 then 6. Be3 and the potential pawn sac 6. ... c5 which, if accepted, gives Black good attacking chances versus White's queenside exploiting White's undeveloped kingside.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree