Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 23 Jul '07 14:27
    Hey, guys! I was wondering what is your opinion on launching a kingside attack after castling kingside.

An example of this is the Closed Sicilian. Any other examples?
  2. 23 Jul '07 14:30
    when I have the attack, it's nothing...when my opponent has it, it worth it, I get frightened.
  3. 23 Jul '07 17:38
    Against strong defence - kingside attacks when castled kingside can be countered but can also result in spectacular play. Look at some of the Fischer games or even Fritz's game with Kramnik for ideas.
  4. 24 Jul '07 03:43
    Attacks with sameside castling often happen when one player allows the other to get too much development on the side his king is on, or allows him to get a strong center and/or space advantage on the side of the opponents king. There is a whole section on this in the book The King in Jeopardy by alburt and palatnik
  5. 24 Jul '07 04:26
    Originally posted by badivan1
    Hey, guys! I was wondering what is your opinion on launching a kingside attack after castling kingside.

Games where the center is closed is generally when you'll see this.
  6. Standard member najdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    24 Jul '07 06:54
    Originally posted by badivan1

Classical Scheveningen.....very handy K-side attack after castling K-side
  7. 24 Jul '07 07:03
    you see it alot in Dutch (especially Leningrad) games.
  8. 25 Jul '07 18:33
    The openings a bit old, but Stonewall has a strong king side castle-attack going.