1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Apr '13 03:372 edits
    Originally posted by e4chris
    Mine has a setting to make it think in the opponents time - its turned off when you switch it on but it can be adjusted and seems to produce better play. But i notice the saitek sticks to similar moves even as i go up the levels - it usually takes it about 30 seconds to come up with a deviation from the main line, i had the chess challenger too! this one has at if I practice to much on a 2d board my play on a 3d / club one detioriates, happens for me.
    I look at too much 2d boards and I seem to be able to see tactics so much better than when I am at the chess club playing on a regular board. I haven't played at the chess club since the end of last year. So I need to start going again, if I ever expect my OTB play to get good enough that I can go to the World Open again and win some big money like 10,000 dollars. This year it is being held in Arlington, Virginia instead of of Philadelphia, but I haven't been preparing a repertoire to memorize like I did before, and doubt I can get ready in time to make it worth the investment of travel and paying for the hotel, etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree