1. Joined
    29 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '06 02:57
    I personally think that knights and bishop are exactly of the same value, but only when generally speaking. In realality, it depends on when they're used.

http://www.chessfortress.homestead.com/PieceValue.html

The website makes a good point about knights and bishops.
  2. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 01:22
    Originally posted by RahimK
    No way.
    Way.
  3. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 02:251 edit
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    Way.
    Oh... my... gawd! Like... no way!
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 04:47
    Rooks are better than knights (and bishops too). Because they can penetrate open lines and pawn structures. And king is a fighting piece in the endings use it. Also one should not try for a big advantage in opposite coluored bishop endings.Also, one should never retreat the knioght to the back rank if it hinders the linking of the two rooks.
  5. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 08:19
    Originally posted by pretzel
    Rooks are better than knights (and bishops too). Because they can penetrate open lines and pawn structures. And king is a fighting piece in the endings use it. Also one should not try for a big advantage in opposite coluored bishop endings.Also, one should never retreat the knioght to the back rank if it hinders the linking of the two rooks.
    Also, one should take a look at a basic chess book and post some not quite relevant quotes from it in the chess forum whenever possible.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    06 Jan '06 08:34
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    Way.
    No way! I rarely get skewered by bishops. That's easy to see but a knight forking. Lots of people miss those.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree