1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 14:23
    My top players that were nice guys. As far as I know. Morphy. Lasker. Schlechter. Tal. Keres. Bronstein. Spassky? Marshall. Euwe?
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 14:482 edits
    My respect is for Kramnik.

He shows genuine respect for a real reunifying world championship event, and plays to make it happen.

He has faced a barage of unfair behaviour not only from the Topalov camp - also from the committee who run the tournament.

At every stage he seems to have done the right thing.

He has been abused, and most players in his shoes would refuse to play on. Imagine fischer in this situation - he would have curled up in a ball and cried. Fischer never defended his title. Winning a title is comparitively easy compared to real defense.

Kramnik plays on.

Game 5 still stands as a fofeit by him, of course he wants that overturned, - yet he goes on and still plays chess.

King Kramnik!
  3. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:28
    Originally posted by Wiabj
    Silly boy, I know mylegends, ever heard of honourable Max Euwe! I think we in the Netherlands has more to earn !! Think about it! Just look at the behavior of your President B.?! No content, no braines!!
    Well, I can't disagree about Bush! He's probably the worst president we've ever had! And, now I feel sort of stupid! You're right! Max Euwe! Stupid me! At least, I admit my mistakes though! Now, that's American, right?! hehe But, don't judge American citizens by our politicians! Please! I beg you! Just like I know Russian citizens can be very warm people! Look at Boris Spassky for goodness sakes.
  4. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:30
    And then the one and only owner of your own clan! Poor boy, learn to improve yourself!1
    Hey man! I only have that clan for show! What's the big deal? HAHA!
  5. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:34
    Originally posted by flexmore
    My respect is for Kramnik.

He shows genuine respect for a real reunifying world championship event, and plays to make it happen.

He has faced a barage of unfair behaviour not only from the Topalov camp - also from the committee who run the tournament.

At every stage he seems to have done the right thing.

He has been abused, and most players in h ...[text shortened]... im, of course he wants that overturned, - yet he goes on and still plays chess.

King Kramnik!
    Having lived in Australia for awhile - almost an entire year in Sydney - I can't understand how you (as an Aussie) can say what you just said in complete sanity! Kramnik's moves match mostly with Fritz9! Topalov thinks he was cheating, and I think - now that Topalov has crushed him (a Kram without the Sham of Fritz9) in Game 7 that things will turn a little brighter for Veselin! Cheers Topy! Don't let the Russians take that title!
  6. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:351 edit
    Silly boy, I know mylegends, ever heard of honourable Max Euwe! I think we in the Netherlands has more to earn !! Think about it! Just look at the behavior of your President B.?! No content, no braines!!
    At least we know how to spell the word, "brains!" haha! Just picking! I love the Netherlands and yoU! America loves you!
  7. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:39
    Originally posted by PawnChop
    Fischer is hardly a decent role model either though is he?
    From Wikipedia:

He has denied the "Holocaust of the Jews," has announced his desire to make "expos[ing] the Jews for the criminals they are [...] the murderers they are" his lifework, and has argued that the United States is "a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed, circumcised Jew bastards." In ...[text shortened]... pologize to the Arabs, kill off all the Jews over there in the bandit state of Israel."
    Come on! He's just crazy genius, Bobby! HE doesn't mean all that stuff! He's just pissed because people have tried to screw him over all his life! Bobby's my hero! He's just a little looney in his old age! But, won't we all be eventually? He doesn't mean that. He just says it, but he doesn't mean it. At least, that's what he told me over a cup of ice coffee. *wink*
  8. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    05 Oct '06 19:40
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Come on! He's just crazy genius, Bobby! HE doesn't mean all that stuff! He's just pissed because people have tried to screw him over all his life! Bobby's my hero! He's just a little looney in his old age! But, won't we all be eventually? He doesn't mean that. He just says it, but he doesn't mean it. At least, that's what he told me over a cup of ice coffee. *wink*
    Yeah! Right! I wish! HAHA!
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 Oct '06 22:16
    Originally posted by powershaker
    LMFAO!

1 Non-subscriber Recommendation

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree