1. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:24
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    His entire book is like that, he just shows some game with attacking and annotates, I was quite dissapointed.
    I found it hard to read, but that was say 3-4 years ago and i'm not into those books loaded with variations. I prefer words and easy going books.
  2. Standard memberHomerJSimpson
    Renouned Grob Killer
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:292 edits
    Yeah thats because the book is sparcely annotated. This book is nothing special and it wont stand the test of time, I even liked John Nunn's attacking section in understand chess move by move better, Nunn even summarizes all the main points at the end, and says why these themes are important. This book is very ordinary, and complete lacks any sort of attacking themes, its like annotated game collection, imo, nd not a very good one at that.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 05:48
    Originally posted by HomerJSimpson
    Yeah thats because the book is sparcely annotated. This book is nothing special and it wont stand the test of time, I even liked John Nunn's attacking section in understand chess move by move better, Nunn even summarizes all the main points at the end, and says why these themes are important. This book is very ordinary, and complete lacks any sort of attacking themes, its like annotated game collection, imo, nd not a very good one at that.
    I didn't like Nunn's book either. I had a brief look at some of the pages. Nunn's book is advanced though compared to logical chess, chess-the art of logical thinking.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '07 19:041 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree