1. Maplewood, New Jerse
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 00:58
    I find it sad that not one contributor has considered that civil behavior is as important on the chess board as it is in "real life". I hope that you do not insult your friends, members of your family, and business associates treating them (or expecting them to act as incompetent ninnies.
  2. Maplewood, New Jerse
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:02
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    It looks like it was Game 9442085 that brought forth this blast.

kingboss030 - Aldan

Final Position

[fen]8/Kp5p/q7/4q1k1/4b3/8/8/8 w - - 0 56[/fen]

A small stroll through the games of kingboss030 will reveal he has
    been stalemated 3 times when he was totally lost.

Game 6763960 *
    Game 6679701
    Game 6471540
    [gid]8 ...[text shortened]... pponent in that game.
    (did not see thread from kingboss030 about players not resigning.) 🙂
    Compared with my game with Kingboss030, please see my game with toledosteele 9288916.
  3. Maplewood, New Jerse
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:09
    Please compare my game with Kingboss with my game with toledosteele 288916
  4. Maplewood, New Jerse
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:11
    Please see my game with toledosteele 9288916
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I have only made a couple checkmates, but apparently RHP does not like them because they have never appeared on the home page.
    Those are recent mates, usually just happened that instant, and are randomly chosen.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:20
    I don't know, you started a thread about lack of good manners at this site. Then bitch and whine about your opponent making moves in a lost game. There's a thing called ettiquette and honor.
    If you don't like people making moves, then maybe poker is more your style.
    Just sayin'
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:34
    Originally posted by Aldan
    I deem it very bad manners and insulting for a player who has an obviously lost position to play on in the forlorn hope that his adversary will commit a childish blunder. RHP appears to approve and institutionalize these bad manners in the posted diagrams of checkmates appearing on the home page as almost all of these diagrammed checkmates involve games wit ...[text shortened]... as to indicate that the games had been lost many moves before the checkmate. What to you think?
    What you deem and do not deem is of no consequence here your honour!

I cannot imagine why you think playing a game according to the rules can be construed as bad manners. You say "in the forlorn hope that his adversary will commit a childish blunder." well that is the essence of chess - blunders. Else all games would be drawn. How else do you win?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:391 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Those are recent mates, usually just happened that instant, and are randomly chosen.
    They claim to be recent mates but they are not and some of the same ones keep popping up over and over. There was a period when BillyDean had a mate every time I looked and sometimes when all three listed was by him.

I can understand why they did not like my first checkmate since my opponent did not play well. This was the 3rd game I finished on RHP.

My next checkmate however was against a stronger opponent and it was the 5th game that I finished on RHP. At this time I was playing like OTB chess without moving the pieces around for I had not discovered the analyze feature yet.

After I discovered the analyze board I had the following checkmate:

9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by Long Barrow
    I don't disagree, but many players here are products of the internet blitz age, have never played tournament OTB or serious correspondence chess in the postal era and are simply ignorant of these conventions. Some will identify that they are losing but be unaware that their position is hopeless, lost or resignable.

Others believe that because FIDE ru will be a blitz tournament somewhere, sometime, when we will be glad of the practice.
    So did Bobby actually swindle him?

BTW, Aldan, welcome to Red Hot Pawn! What is your OTB rating if you don't mind me asking? Also, are you in the US, if so, what state? Not trying to get your address just wondered if you were nearby. I don't get much chance for OTB play. I think we are rated fairly close to each other, at least here. You may be on your way up to 2000, you are relatively new here. I am a genuine old fart, 71 yo and so am not going to advance much beyond 1700 where I am now.
  10. Joined
    17 May '10
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:57
    From my experience in air traffic control, developmental controllers tend to perform far worse just after a huge rush of traffic that required strong focus... They perform spectacularly with 15+ airplanes in their airspace but once it dies down, and they only have a few planes, that's when they make stupid mistakes. This same phenomenon happens in chess and it is for this reason that I take no offense when my opponents opt to continue playing in lost positions. It is easy to get lazy and make mistakes after you have secured a winning position, and so it is often possible for the losing position to capitalize on that and turn the lost game into a drawn game, or even a win.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 01:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They claim to be recent mates but they are not and some of the same ones keep popping up over and over. There was a period when BillyDean had a mate every time I looked and sometimes when all three listed was by him.

I can understand why they did not like my first checkmate since my opponent did not play well. This was the 3rd game I finished on RHP.
    ...[text shortened]... Rg1g7 1-0
    [/pgn]
    Yeah but Billy Dean kicks ass.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 02:05
    Originally posted by eedfsdf
    From my experience in air traffic control, developmental controllers tend to perform far worse just after a huge rush of traffic that required strong focus... They perform spectacularly with 15+ airplanes in their airspace but once it dies down, and they only have a few planes, that's when they make stupid mistakes. This same phenomenon happens in chess and ...[text shortened]... losing position to capitalize on that and turn the lost game into a drawn game, or even a win.
    Yeah that happened to me recently in OTB play. I had just got a rook up and was sitting back gloating over my win and in a couple of moves later I found myself in checkmate.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 02:48
    Originally posted by Aldan
    Manners are what separate man from brutes apes. Yes, I will most definitely play on but not knowingly with brutes. I am glad to relate that several of my recent adversaries have demonstrated good manners by resigning in lost positions. I have done this myself and will continue to do so.
    So if I have manners while punching the crap out of you , that's ok?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 02:514 edits
    From my experience in air traffic control, developmental controllers tend to perform far worse just after a huge rush of traffic that required strong focus... They perform spectacularly with 15+ airplanes in their airspace but once it dies down, and they only have a few planes, that's when they make stupid mistakes. This same phenomenon happens in chess and ...[text shortened]... losing position to capitalize on that and turn the lost game into a drawn game, or even a win.
    Here is one of the games that I quit analyzing the game assuming I had an easy win now that i was up a rook. This was a rated OTB game at the Columbia Chess Club in South Carolina played against John P. Zeimetz who had the black pieces.

15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 03:30
    Also, there is often consequences when grabbing material as there are other factors in the game besides material.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree