1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 01:59
    Well, what is it?

My rents insist on getting me a birthday present every year no matter how much financial trouble they are in or how old I get. They missed it this year so they want to give me a late present and I have given up protesting against them so to teach them a lesson I am gonna request something I want that is not TOO expensive but reasonably expensive.

The list:

1.Latest version of CT-Art
    2.Triple weighted wooden chess set (staunton)
    3.Some sort of chess book. (probably a tactics book but I really want the Soltis' book on the pawn structure.. but I forgot the name of it.)
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 02:19
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Well, what is it?

My rents insist on getting me a birthday present every year no matter how much financial trouble they are in or how old I get. They missed it this year so they want to give me a late present and I have given up protesting against them so to teach them a lesson I am gonna request something I want that is not TOO expensive but reasonably ...[text shortened]... s book but I really want the Soltis' book on the pawn structure.. but I forgot the name of it.)
    latest version still is 3.0
    has basically all queen sacs, which are fun but now every game i just look to give the queen away 😞
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 02:20
    Originally posted by irontigran
    latest version still is 3.0
    has basically all queen sacs, which are fun but now every game i just look to give the queen away 😞
    Does it come with all the problems from previous versions? Which version is best? This one?
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 04:09
    Does it come with all the problems from previous versions? Which version is best? This one?
    CT ART 3.0 is still the standard, there are no updates as far as I am concerned;

Ask and get the program asap and after coupla weeks start moanin coz you lack of a decent set and you cannot really enjoy the royal game which you lov so much oh what would you do you are desperate you wanna jump at Niagara falls you cannot even fall in lov you cannot sleep at night, you know the drillπŸ˜€
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 04:30
    Originally posted by black beetle
    CT ART 3.0 is still the standard, there are no updates as far as I am concerned;

Ask and get the program asap and after coupla weeks start moanin coz you lack of a decent set and you cannot really enjoy the royal game which you lov so much oh what would you do you are desperate you wanna jump at Niagara falls you cannot even fall in lov you cannot sleep at night, you know the drillπŸ˜€
    Oh I'll be asking for all three. πŸ˜›
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 05:06
    Well, what is it?

My rents insist on getting me a birthday present every year no matter how much financial trouble they are in or how old I get. They missed it this year so they want to give me a late present and I have given up protesting against them so to teach them a lesson I am gonna request something I want that is not TOO expensive but reasonably ...[text shortened]... s book but I really want the Soltis' book on the pawn structure.. but I forgot the name of it.)
    Just my opinion, but I'd go for the book. You won't play any better on a pretty wooden set, any more than having a bunch of pretty art around.
    πŸ™„
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 05:33

What a foxy spirit; are you a sturdy Souriquois or an Ojibiways warrior? Or you do come from a southern tribe?
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 06:47
    What a foxy spirit; are you a sturdy Souriquois or an Ojibiways warrior? Or you do come from a southern tribe?
    If you're asking me then the answer is that I'm a Blackfoot. If you're asking yourself then I have no clue πŸ˜›
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 07:29
    If you're asking me then the answer is that I'm a Blackfoot. If you're asking yourself then I have no clue πŸ˜›
    Oh!
    I am asking you; are you Piegan, Siksika or Blood? From Alberta or Montana?

Have you stole a horse and killed a Dakota, Lakota, Nakota, Shoshone, Flathead, Kootenai or a Blue Coat, or "tomtom232" is your derogatory name?
  10. Joined
    17 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 08:26
    i had a terrible time installing ct-art on vista with run time errors and gave up.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 08:51
    Originally posted by Deep Thoughtless
    i had a terrible time installing ct-art on vista with run time errors and gave up.
    Disactivate the user account control and it will run just fine;
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 12:15
    Oh!
    I am asking you; are you Piegan, Siksika or Blood? From Alberta or Montana?

Have you stole a horse and killed a Dakota, Lakota, Nakota, Shoshone, Flathead, Kootenai or a Blue Coat, or "tomtom232" is your derogatory name?
    Oki napi, nitsiitsitapiinihka'sim Sik Poonisayi;
    Tahkaa kiisto?
    πŸ˜€
  13. e4
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 12:25
    Rampant Chess + 10 year sub to RHP.

double weighted plastic Staunton set from Chess Supplies Scotland.

1 Large foam roll up board (super duper this).
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 12:30
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

But you do like the texture of the plastic chessmen?
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '08 21:51
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

Im going to buy Rampant chess meself and I like WOOD!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree