Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

1. 06 Jan '10 04:42
    Zeeblebot is rematching me and winning. I made a couple serious "WTF was I thinking" types of blunders. Plus he must be studying because his rating as been shooting up like a rocket.

Nice match, eljefejesus! I was questioning your decision to allow a trade down to bishops when my pawns were on ideal colors and yours were not. Rematches are always welcome!

[Event "Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2009.12.25"]
    [EndDate "2010.01.06"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "eljefejesus"]
    [Black "USArmyParatrooper"]
    [WhiteRating "1415"]
    [BlackRating "1442"]
    [WhiteELO "1415"]
    [BlackELO "1442"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [GameId "7015209"]

2. 12 Jan '10 02:45 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Zeeblebot is rematching me and winning. I made a couple serious "WTF was I thinking" types of blunders. Plus he must be studying because his rating as been shooting up like a rocket.

Nice match, eljefejesus! I was questioning your decision to allow a trade down to bishops when my pawns were on ideal colors and yours were not. Rematches are alwa e7 Qc6e6 63. Ke7f8 Qe6d7 64. Kf8g8 Ke5f6
    65. Kg8f8 Qd7d8 0-1[/pgn]
    Looks like this competitive spirit game has seen a pendulum swing back to competitiveness!

Looking at all 4 games, it is now even, 2 for the "right to question the sitting executive officeholder" crew, and 2 for the "Obama's army of 1."

Fun game, I had a fortunate combination and ended it with a skewer that prompted the resignation.

Good game USArmyParatrooper!

4r1k1/5p1p/b3q1p1/p1p5/PbR4P/1P4P1/6QK/5R2 w - - 11 43
  3. 12 Jan '10 03:21
    Yeah, I buggered that game pretty quick. I was running on blanks for a while, well played!

I am curious though about my game with Zeeblebot. This first game he played... we'll just say very much like a beginner. But during the course of Game 2 he started playing much stronger and his rating shot up over 100 points before the game was even complete.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    12 Jan '10 03:34
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

Nice match, eljefejesus! I was questioning your decision to allow a trade down to bishops when my pawns were on ideal colors and yours were not. Rematches are alwa ...[text shortened]... e7 Qc6e6 63. Ke7f8 Qe6d7 64. Kf8g8 Ke5f6
    65. Kg8f8 Qd7d8 0-1[/pgn]
    The critical mistake was well before trading bishops. eljefejesus allowed his d pawns to be doubled for no compelling reason. That, in itself, would not have been so bad; but 12. d4? allowed an ugly doubled pawn island and it was an uphill struggle from there.
  5. 12 Jan '10 04:11
    Originally posted by sh76
    The critical mistake was well before trading bishops. eljefejesus allowed his d pawns to be doubled for no compelling reason. That, in itself, would not have been so bad; but 12. d4? allowed an ugly doubled pawn island and it was an uphill struggle from there.
    Thanks sh76, I think my leaving a pawn completely unguarded was terrible too, can you analyze more on the games?