1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Jan '10 04:42
    Zeeblebot is rematching me and winning. I made a couple serious "WTF was I thinking" types of blunders. Plus he must be studying because his rating as been shooting up like a rocket.

Nice match, eljefejesus! I was questioning your decision to allow a trade down to bishops when my pawns were on ideal colors and yours were not. Rematches are always welcome! 🙂

[Event "Challenge"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2009.12.25"]
    [EndDate "2010.01.06"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "eljefejesus"]
    [Black "USArmyParatrooper"]
    [WhiteRating "1415"]
    [BlackRating "1442"]
    [WhiteELO "1415"]
    [BlackELO "1442"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [GameId "7015209"]

2. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 02:452 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Zeeblebot is rematching me and winning. I made a couple serious "WTF was I thinking" types of blunders. Plus he must be studying because his rating as been shooting up like a rocket.

Nice match, eljefejesus! I was questioning your decision to allow a trade down to bishops when my pawns were on ideal colors and yours were not. Rematches are alwa e7 Qc6e6 63. Ke7f8 Qe6d7 64. Kf8g8 Ke5f6
    65. Kg8f8 Qd7d8 0-1[/pgn]
    Looks like this competitive spirit game has seen a pendulum swing back to competitiveness!

Looking at all 4 games, it is now even, 2 for the "right to question the sitting executive officeholder" crew, and 2 for the "Obama's army of 1."

Fun game, I had a fortunate combination and ended it with a skewer that prompted the resignation.

Good game USArmyParatrooper!

4r1k1/5p1p/b3q1p1/p1p5/PbR4P/1P4P1/6QK/5R2 w - - 11 43
  3. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 03:21
    Yeah, I buggered that game pretty quick. I was running on blanks for a while, well played!

I am curious though about my game with Zeeblebot. This first game he played... we'll just say very much like a beginner. But during the course of Game 2 he started playing much stronger and his rating shot up over 100 points before the game was even complete.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 03:34
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

Nice match, eljefejesus! I was questioning your decision to allow a trade down to bishops when my pawns were on ideal colors and yours were not. Rematches are alwa ...[text shortened]... e7 Qc6e6 63. Ke7f8 Qe6d7 64. Kf8g8 Ke5f6
    65. Kg8f8 Qd7d8 0-1[/pgn]
    The critical mistake was well before trading bishops. eljefejesus allowed his d pawns to be doubled for no compelling reason. That, in itself, would not have been so bad; but 12. d4? allowed an ugly doubled pawn island and it was an uphill struggle from there.
  5. Joined
    26 Dec '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '10 04:11
    Originally posted by sh76
    The critical mistake was well before trading bishops. eljefejesus allowed his d pawns to be doubled for no compelling reason. That, in itself, would not have been so bad; but 12. d4? allowed an ugly doubled pawn island and it was an uphill struggle from there.
    Thanks sh76, I think my leaving a pawn completely unguarded was terrible too, can you analyze more on the games?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree