1. Joined
    21 Sep '05
    Moves
    30 Dec '05 06:51
    Does anyone know of a way to play a live action, real time, online game of chess with a particular friend, with whom you agree before hand to play at a certain time? (Yes, I play at FICS.) Thanks.
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 00:02
    ICC, Fics, yahoo and I guess there's also U-chess but I find it very ugly.
  3. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 00:19
    Originally posted by basso
    Does anyone know of a way to play a live action, real time, online game of chess with a particular friend, with whom you agree before hand to play at a certain time? (Yes, I play at FICS.) Thanks.
    By using uchess you would also be indirectly supporting this site, as it has the same authors. I have only played one game there but found it to be very good.
  4. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 00:31
    Originally posted by dottewell
    By using uchess you would also be indirectly supporting this site, as it has the same authors. I have only played one game there but found it to be very good.
    you won?
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    you won?
    Actually drew. Got a really good position playing white but panicked over the time. Opponent's defence was sound and couldn't break through. Rushed an exchange and could have lost.

Guess I'm just not used to the clock. Fun though, and the standard was okay.

EDIT - just played a second five-minute game and my opponent disconnected after about six moves, having got into an awful position. Grr...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree