1. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 10:26
    I'm going to London to play blitz at the Kings Head Chess Club (they meet at the Wargrave Arms - http://www.khcc.org.uk/start2.shtml) on Tuesday, 28th July. I think it's a tournament but it might just be an evening of friendly games, or at least as friendly as games between an ex-Hackney player and Kings Head lowlife can hope to be.

Do any Londoners fancy making it a mini RHP meet-up?
  2. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 11:041 edit
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I'm going to London to play blitz at the Kings Head Chess Club (they meet at the Wargrave Arms - http://www.khcc.org.uk/start2.shtml) on Tuesday, 28th July. I think it's a tournament but it might just be an evening of friendly games, or at least as friendly as games between an ex-Hackney player and Kings Head lowlife can hope to be.

Will it be in the evening?

If so, I am up for it.

EDIT: Duh, you said it will be in the evening. I will be there.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 10:09
    Originally posted by lausey
    Will it be in the evening?

If so, I am up for it.

EDIT: Duh, you said it will be in the evening. I will be there.
    Looks like it will just be me and you... you'd better make sure you wear your purtiest frock.
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 10:33
    Looks like it will just be me and you... you'd better make sure you wear your purtiest frock.
    I will see what I can find, just for you.
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:28
    Bump!

Anyone else? Otherwise it would just be me and Fat Lady having a candle lit dinner.
  6. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 12:42
    I might be able to make it - I'll need to double check, but it should be ok. Also, I'm *really* bad at 5 min blitz, so you'll have someone to beat :-)
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:04
    Originally posted by aquatabby
    I might be able to make it - I'll need to double check, but it should be ok. Also, I'm *really* bad at 5 min blitz, so you'll have someone to beat :-)
    If RHP rating is to go by, I have a feeling that you will still beat me. 😉
  8. Joined
    21 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:10

I will be there for sure
  9. Joined
    21 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:11
    since this is an open invite i will be there for sure
  10. Joined
    21 Jun '09
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:15
    I will be there for sure
  11. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 22:46
    Originally posted by SubGrappler
    I will be there for sure
    Are you sure? 😉
  12. Joined
    28 Feb '01
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 09:11

There is a 5-minute blitz tournament tonight - the North London Blitz for those interested:

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~cernunos/nccl/history/samblack/entry.html
  13. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 09:19
    That's a pretty rubbish rating you have on this site Tryfon. I wish my OTB rating was 600 points higher than yours as well.

I won't be able to make it tonight. Are you playing in the one at the Wargrave Arms on the 28th?
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '01
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 09:252 edits
    That's a pretty rubbish rating you have on this site Tryfon. I wish my OTB rating was 600 points higher than yours as well.

I won't be able to make it tonight. Are you playing in the one at the Wargrave Arms on the 28th?
    Emm, I thought Kings Head every Tuesday night does the 5-minute blitz - is it restricted more in the Summer months ?! Edit: Sorry - you wanted a mini-meetup. Please excuse my morning extra-denseness.

I have made it once there in recent months, but it is a pain driving through traffic from North London to that area. So I don't know.

I don't know if my ECF is going to stay roughly the same - I didn't realise Gibraltar was included in the rating calculations. Hope my rapid goes over 200 - that would be cool.
  15. Joined
    14 May '09
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 21:54

Pretty much the same can be said for your non-existent CTS rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree