1. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 14:25
    Can someone tell me the scores? Or whats happening?
  2. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 17:05
    check the site

but here's the scores:
    (3 points win 1 point draw)
    carlsen 7 (drew with howell but beat kramnik and mcshane)
    kramnik 6 (lost carlsen but beat mcshane and Hua)
    Mcshane 3( beat short and lost to carlsen and kramnik)
    Howell 3 ( drew against short, adams and Carlsen)
    Adams 3 ( drew with howell, nakamura and hua)
    Nakamura 3 ( drew with adams, hua and short)
    short 2 (lost to mcshane, drew with howell and nakamura)
    Hua 2 (lost to kramnik, drew with nakamura and adams

site is http://www.londonchessclassic.com/index.htm

BIGWAD
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 20:35
    Originally posted by Chandradi
    Can someone tell me the scores? Or whats happening?
    google is your friend.
  4. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '09 20:38
    http://www.londonchessclassic.com/
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    12 Dec '09 11:18
    Fantastic endgame played by McShane against Short two days ago a real marathon, case study candidate.
  6. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '09 12:15
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    http://www.londonchessclassic.com/
    Thanks.
  7. Standard memberBIGWAD
    bloody hell
    feeding the chimps..
    Moves
    12 Dec '09 20:29
    all draws today
  8. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '09 23:45
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/did.you.see.that.1211/content.11.html
  9. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '09 21:47
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    all draws today
    Carlsen is lead. Followed closely by Kramik and suprise suprise. Luke McShane 3rd! David Howell and Mikey have drawn all 5 of their games and sitting contently in 4th place. Ni Hua and Nigel Short sit uncomfortably in 7th and 8th place. Nigel was 4th seed for this tournament.
  10. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '09 22:50
    Luke McShane owes it all to me.

In the late eighties I visited the London Chess Centre - the now defunct one run by Tony Gaffney rather than the new one owned by Malcolm Pein, and noticed a young lad sitting in a corner with his dad, looking a bit lost. After a few minutes I wandered over to chat to them and the father, Rod, explained that his son's regular chess coach hadn't turned up. I offered to go through a few games with the boy and spent about half an hour with him. If only it had been a whole hour, Luke might be World Champion by now.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '09 21:22
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Luke McShane owes it all to me.

In the late eighties I visited the London Chess Centre - the now defunct one run by Tony Gaffney rather than the new one owned by Malcolm Pein, and noticed a young lad sitting in a corner with his dad, looking a bit lost. After a few minutes I wandered over to chat to them and the father, Rod, explained that his son's regu ...[text shortened]... half an hour with him. If only it had been a whole hour, Luke might be World Champion by now.
    Did that half hour session involve any suggestions like "you should fight till the last drop of your blood" or "endurance is one of the most necessary qualities of a chess player"? If that's the case, apparently the boy has taken it very seriously. 🙂
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '09 00:20
    Originally posted by philidor position
    Did that half hour session involve any suggestions like "you should fight till the last drop of your blood" or "endurance is one of the most necessary qualities of a chess player"? If that's the case, apparently the boy has taken it very seriously. 🙂
    If I remember correctly, I think I told him that if he studied for five hours a day for the next fifteen years he might be one of the best players in Britain, own his own top-of-the-range anorak and perhaps earn up to £10,000 a year in prize money and coaching fees. Alternatively he could stop taking chess so serious, take a job with a financial institution, retire as a millionaire before he was thirty and maybe even have a girlfriend. I don't know which one he plumped for.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Dec '09 01:27
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    If I remember correctly, I think I told him that if he studied for five hours a day for the next fifteen years he might be one of the best players in Britain, own his own top-of-the-range anorak and perhaps earn up to £10,000 a year in prize money and coaching fees. Alternatively he could stop taking chess so serious, take a job with a financial institution ...[text shortened]... e before he was thirty and maybe even have a girlfriend. I don't know which one he plumped for.
    So after pondering for a very long time about your statements, it seems he has finally made his decision:

"Having studied at Oxford followed by a career in the City, he is now a full time professional chess player, and clearly stronger than his current rating of 2615." (from Carlsen's blog).
  14. Joined
    04 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '09 08:11
    Originally posted by philidor position
    So after pondering for a very long time about your statements, it seems he has finally made his decision:

"Having studied at Oxford followed by a career in the City, he is now a full time professional chess player, and clearly stronger than his current rating of 2615." (from Carlsen's blog).
    "career in the City" means ?
    McDonalds or KFC ?
  15. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    16 Dec '09 19:00
    MAGNUS CARLSEN WINS LONDON CHESS CLASSICS 2009!
    2nd-Vladimir Kramnik.
    3rd-David Howell. With the losest seed in the tournament,3rd is a great sucess!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree