1. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 07:57
    ...to play a few albin counter gambit games with me.
    Me as black, 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e5 3. dxe5 d4

The normal continuation thereafter is 4. Nf3 Nc6 5.g3, but I'm finding 5.a3! very difficult to break down and I can't find much information on it. :-/

I've been studying/playing the albin for about 3 months now with fair success but need to play one or two higher rated players with whatever variation they like. Chances are I'll be beaten quickly because it's CC, but I believe the Albin is a powerful OTB tool, and what to see the worst case scenarios I could run into and do some serious analysis on the games afterwards.

Cheers lads,

J
  2. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 07:581 edit
    send game if you want 🙂

didnt play opening before but can now if you want me to play as you say above.

Lolle
  3. Joined
    03 May '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 15:19
    i've been playing the albin for a while, with successes usually against 1500ish players but not higher.. please send me over a couple of challenges, black and white, in a week's time if you'd like. i think a wee themed tourney would be good also, if anyone was interested?
  4. Standard memberonyx2006
    onyx2007
    watching you...
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 15:42
    cool, thanks...
  5. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 15:52
    Originally posted by onyx2006
    ...to play a few albin counter gambit games with me.
    Me as black, 1. d4 d5 2. c4 e5 3. dxe5 d4

The normal continuation thereafter is 4. Nf3 Nc6 5.g3, but I'm finding 5.a3! very difficult to break down and I can't find much information on it. :-/

I've been studying/playing the albin for about 3 months now with fair success but need to play one or two ...[text shortened]... could run into and do some serious analysis on the games afterwards.

Cheers lads,

J
    My next space is yours... if you want it. It'd be interesting to explore this position...

M 🙂
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 15:55
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    My next space is yours... if you want it. It'd be interesting to explore this position...

M 🙂
    Mathurine, why don't you buy a sub? You're too good to be a non-sub. 😉
  7. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 16:10
    Originally posted by cmsMaster
    Mathurine, why don't you buy a sub? You're too good to be a non-sub. 😉
    Too good? Too good at what?? Chess???

I am, in fact, a very bad girl indeed. If my husband would pay for a star, I'd already have one. He won't, the mean bas***d, as he resents the time I spend online trying to defeat all you lot.

Should I, peradventure, go on the game or something??

Yours, aching with desire...

Mathurine xxx 😉
  8. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 17:481 edit
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    Too good? Too good at what?? Chess???

I am, in fact, a very bad girl indeed. If my husband would pay for a star, I'd already have one. He won't, the mean bas***d, as he resents the time I spend online trying to defeat all you lot.

Should I, peradventure, go on the game or something??

Yours, aching with desire...

Mathurine xxx 😉
    You have a husband, but you don't have a sub? You aren't doing your job. Women always have ways of convincing men to buy them stuff....it should be easy. 😉
  9. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    03 Apr '07 19:03
    Any tips, then??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree