Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 15 Dec '11 16:37
    My profile shows that i have lost two games.But I am only able to find one game which i have lost.Don't see any other game that i might have lost.And I really do not have that many games in my list not to notice. Could some one familiar with this help ?
  2. Subscriber davaniel
    1.Nf3
    15 Dec '11 16:46
    It says you played ten of which nine rated games. When I look up your finished games I indeed find eight wins and one loss, which means the unrated game doesn't show up there.
    Did you play a set-up game or did you finish a game by timeout or something like that at move one or two?
  3. 15 Dec '11 16:53
    Originally posted by davaniel
    It says you played ten of which nine rated games. When I look up your finished games I indeed find eight wins and one loss, which means the unrated game doesn't show up there.
    Did you play a set-up game or did you finish a game by timeout or something like that at move one or two?
    Game now 8875597 had exceed the time limit so I clicked on the skull option.As soon as I did that it says i lost two games.
  4. 15 Dec '11 17:11 / 1 edit
    That is strange. Your profile says you have played ten games (of which it says you have lost two games), but when I search for your games, it lists twelve, and even in that list, it shows that you have only lost one game. Seems to be a bug. You might want to click on "Send Feedback" and report it.

    EDIT: Actually, 9 completed games are listed, but it shows 10 games played. There still is a discrepancy though.
  5. 15 Dec '11 23:55
    Does the rating come down even if you win against some one who is rated below you.I lost like 39 points after my last win ?
  6. 16 Dec '11 00:11
    Originally posted by ajsaxin
    Does the rating come down even if you win against some one who is rated below you.I lost like 39 points after my last win ?
    It can come down while your provisional. The game between you and I, your rating jumped up several points and mine dropped down. Even with the result.

    Q
  7. 16 Dec '11 01:19 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by ajsaxin
    My profile shows that i have lost two games.But I am only able to find one game which i have lost.Don't see any other game that i might have lost.And I really do not have that many games in my list not to notice. Could some one familiar with this help ?
    Game 8875597 this one is weird... it showed up as the other player winning(and as being black) when I looked in your public games the first time but now its showing you winning as black.
    Game 8918066
  8. Subscriber Paul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    16 Dec '11 01:29
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Game 8875597 this one is weird... it showed up as the other player winning(and as being black) when I looked in your public games the first time but now its showing you winning as black.
    Game 8918066
    That second game is a pretty checkmate. Nobody likes to lose, but if I had to, that's the way I'd want to go!
  9. 16 Dec '11 01:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    That second game is a pretty checkmate. Nobody likes to lose, but if I had to, that's the way I'd want to go!
    Leggy ill give you my entire chess book collection if you leave Morphys and join Knock
    on wood, I have My sixty memorable games (Faber edition) and lots of other goodies!
    plus ill chuck in a hand carved Indian chess set, three camels, a buffalo, a game score
    signed by GM Paul Motwani and a signed copy of Rampant chess, by some dude called
    Chandler Buxton.
  10. 16 Dec '11 02:00
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    That second game is a pretty checkmate. Nobody likes to lose, but if I had to, that's the way I'd want to go!
    Well I gave my best shot in our game...but alas it didn't work out. At least our game featured a questionable sacrifice and a poetic under-promotion...

    Can't get 'em all in one volume I guess.

    Q
  11. 16 Dec '11 02:58
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Game 8875597 this one is weird... it showed up as the other player winning(and as being black) when I looked in your public games the first time but now its showing you winning as black.
    Game 8918066
    no i played black .but once i hit the skull on this game my ratings dropped and it shows i lost two.but no idea which is the second game i lost lol
  12. 16 Dec '11 03:00
    Originally posted by PhySiQ
    It can come down while your provisional. The game between you and I, your rating jumped up several points and mine dropped down. Even with the result.

    Q
    actually mine dropped from 1770 to 1739 after i lost the game..dont see the logic behind u losing points .because if that's how the system works every one would only play a player above them and the person right on top would not wanna play any one
  13. 16 Dec '11 03:05
    Originally posted by ajsaxin
    actually mine dropped from 1770 to 1739 after i lost the game..dont see the logic behind u losing points .because if that's how the system works every one would only play a player above them and the person right on top would not wanna play any one
    You went from 1738 to 1739.

    I dropped from 1945 to 1944.

    Q
  14. Standard member mikelom
    Ajarn
    16 Dec '11 13:47
    If you read your ratings whilst a provisional player it clearly states:


    1. Ratings are provisional until 20 rated games are completed.

    2. Ratings may appear erratic until this time.



    -m.