Man vs Machine #1

Man vs Machine #1

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Sub 1500

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by tomtom232
That last part is pretty vain. Why should we appreciate something you did of your own free will? We didn't ask you to do it. Not to be rude but thats the way I see. It also helps you to annotate the games you said you would be happy to annotate your games so I assume that you enjoy annotating which would mean that you also did these for your own pleasure. Why should we appreciate that? 😉
sometimes people do things to help both parties... and i actually had someone ask to see them... i suppose i could have posted them on my website in PGN form...or i could make them more massively viewable.

I chose option two. I wasn't so much being "vain" as I was trying to force everyone into taking a step back, and seeing how critical they're being of someone who is only trying to do positive.

If you think I'm a weak player, if you think you don't want to learn from a poor 1355, and if you think my games aren't of your caliber than please feel free to not pay attention to anything i do.

As for the witch hunt, you can hunt me all you want... I think my choice of the mieses opening (A00) for multiple games should be detail enough.

t

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by Adorea
sometimes people do things to help both parties... and i actually had someone ask to see them... i suppose i could have posted them on my website in PGN form...or i could make them more massively viewable.

I chose option two. I wasn't so much being "vain" as I was trying to force everyone into taking a step back, and seeing how critical they're being of s ...[text shortened]... I think my choice of the mieses opening (A00) for multiple games should be detail enough.
Three things. First, I never said you were weak. Second, I looked at your games and I was the one who hinted that you might be stronger than your rating. Third, I used a winky face in my last post.

A

Sub 1500

Moves
16 Mar 08
1 edit

Three things. First, I never said you were weak. Second, I looked at your games and [b]I was the one who hinted that you might be stronger than your rating. Third, I used a winky face in my last post.[/b]
the weak designation is not a statement to you tomtom...it is moreover for the others who have any doubts.
I have no doubt that you understand I may not be a 1355 with less than 30 games played on an ICC site where stronger players fear giving someone like myself a chance to beat them.
Edit:Yes. I said it.

and finally, the winky face was hot.

t

Moves
16 Mar 08

Originally posted by Adorea
the weak designation is not a statement to you tomtom...it is moreover for the others who have any doubts.
I have no doubt that you understand I may not be a 1355 with less than 30 games played on an ICC site where stronger players fear giving someone like myself a chance to beat them.
Edit:Yes. I said it.

and finally, the winky face was hot.
Well, you quoted me so I figured you were directing it at me... Maybe I am just too logical when I get onto a chess site. 😕

A

Sub 1500

Moves
16 Mar 08

Well, you quoted me so I figured you were directing it at me... Maybe I am just too logical when I get onto a chess site. 😕
i didn't quote you when i said that...i quoted afterwards... What i was saying in the post (which had no QUOTE!) was a blanket statement to everyone who had posted, and was applicable only to those in that direct line of thinking, if you weren't in that line of thinking than you do not belong.

who is that in your avatar?
😀

A

Sub 1500

Moves
16 Mar 08

So has any player popped any of these games into chessbase? or at least worked through any of this?

Just curious to see what players think about my lines. If I get some response other than what has been already left, I may do a few more threads like this....otherwise i'll just hoard them to myself 😀

FL

Moves
17 Feb 10

I was looking through some old threads and found this one very interesting. That Glen Jaquette character was quite a player. It's a pity he stopped playing here, he could have given Weyerstrass a run for his money.

FL

Moves
17 Feb 10

Actually, now that I've gone through some of his games, it's clear that Adorea was just hot air. He played horrible chess in most of his games on RHP, including this one against Nowakowski: Game 5319911

When I went through the game I spotted a quicker win for Nowakowski:

This is a standard mating pattern when the queen and bishop are attacking a king in a corner. In fact in this case it can be improved on by one move [29. Nf7#], but the finish I've posted is more instructive as the discovered check covering the flight square [29. Bf7+ covering g6] is very common.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
18 Feb 10

There were lots of quicker wins I could see - I expect Nowakowski was just surprised that his opponent had not resigned by that stage and just blitzed the moves to finish things off without really needing to think.

T

Moves
27 Feb 10

I've only ever had one true 'win' over a computer opponent (that is a win where I played well with no tricks like piece traps, etc)

I'd insert the PGN, but it keeps giving me an invalid PGN error :\

T

Moves
01 Mar 10

Originally posted by Tiwaking
I'd insert the PGN, but it keeps giving me an invalid PGN error :
Fixed the pgn. Had spaces before each move number i.e 1. e4, should be 1.e4
I am playing as White vs Wii-Chess, the Wii console chess program