Me being retarded

Me being retarded

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

Just wanted to share something to cause some "Schadenfreude".
I was mentally drained yesterday and made some bad moves, but this one is just the icing on the cake.

My thought process:

Well... let's just develop my bishop and put a rook on b8...what about f6?...No the bishop it is...Maybe I should first put the rook to see where his queen is going to...the next 5 seconds:
submit gloriously -> facepalm -> resign gloriously
Game 12289600

Über-Nerd

Moves
27 Jul 17

Happens to all of us. Join the club.

Moves
27 Jul 17
2 edits

I think the big mistake here was resigning. The guy is rated 1300, there's a good chance he will blunder too.

Take a look at this game your opponent played just a few months ago Game 12220537

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
27 Jul 17

You got a draw against @Aspasia so you ain't bad!

Only advice, double check everything before clicking submit... no need for eagerness.

JO

Moves
27 Jul 17

We all get careless. At those times, I'm just glad I didn't become an airline pilot.

L

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @knightstalker47
I think the big mistake here was resigning. The guy is rated 1300, there's a good chance he will blunder too.

Take a look at this game your opponent played just a few months ago Game 12220537

You're completely right. But somehow I don't like playing chess after such an outrageous blunder, hoping my opponent blunders too.
Actually I didn't respect my opponent's chess ability and blitzed my move. Maybe losing the game in such an embarrassing way was a very good punishment for my arrogant attitude.

L

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @64squaresofpain
You got a draw against @Aspasia so you ain't bad!

Only advice, double check everything before clicking submit... no need for eagerness.
That's a very good advice, I almost always do blunder-check my moves, but as I said I was mentally exhausted yesterday and in addition I was somewhat arrogant in this game.

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
27 Jul 17

And the old advice 'connect your Rooks' becomes painfully clear. 🙁

E

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/play-chess.php?gameid=12306469&cbqsid=662

Similar thing for me recently, but I blame it on trying to make a move while listening to my wife going on and on about something.

I played my king one move early.

mlb62

Moves
27 Jul 17
1 edit

[b]I think the big mistake here was resigning. The guy is rated 1300, there's a good chance he will blunder too.
It's isn't over till it's over

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @laskerian
Just wanted to share something to cause some "Schadenfreude".
I was mentally drained yesterday and made some bad moves, but this one is just the icing on the cake.

My thought process:

Well... let's just develop my bishop and put a rook on b8...what about f6?...No the bishop it is...Maybe I should first put the rook to see where his queen is going ...[text shortened]... ...the next 5 seconds:
submit gloriously -> facepalm -> resign gloriously
Game 12289600
big deal
you blundered
congratulate your opponent
no need for the silly excuse that you were mentally drained

L

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
https://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/play-chess.php?gameid=12306469&cbqsid=662

Similar thing for me recently, but I blame it on trying to make a move while listening to my wife going on and on about something.

I played my king one move early.
yeah, this happens when you change the move order at the last moment without thinking.

E

Moves
27 Jul 17

yeah, this happens when you change the move order at the last moment without thinking.
Chess is played on a razor's edge, or a house of cards. At least thats how it feels to me.

L

Moves
27 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Chess is played on a razor's edge, or a house of cards. At least thats how it feels to me.
Beautiful analogy. Also the razor gets sharper and sharper as you're improving.

E

Moves
28 Jul 17

[b]I think the big mistake here was resigning. The guy is rated 1300, there's a good chance he will blunder too.

You're completely right. But somehow I don't like playing chess after such an outrageous blunder, h ...[text shortened]... losing the game in such an embarrassing way was a very good punishment for my arrogant attitude.[/b]
I am that way too. Being too arrogant will get you every time.