1. London
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 19:42
    Is it right for me to use my timebank on a 1100 player who is really 1700-1800 if I have a winning position, so that I can get more points off him? I'm really quite tempted to because he has just come back from a huge rating drop, one of several. He was also a member of my clan a while back and then had one of his rating drops having assured me he could take several games and would not time out; so I'm quite tempted to get the most possible revenge I can!
  2. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 19:53
    Originally posted by Freddie2006
    Is it right for me to use my timebank on a 1100 player who is really 1700-1800 if I have a winning position, so that I can get more points off him? I'm really quite tempted to because he has just come back from a huge rating drop, one of several. He was also a member of my clan a while back and then had one of his rating drops having assured me he could ...[text shortened]... ral games and would not time out; so I'm quite tempted to get the most possible revenge I can!
    Sure, why not. The timebank is yours to use or not.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 19:53
    I think you're abusing the timebank feature, but there's nothing stopping you.
  4. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 22:41
    Go for it. Might as well use the system to help you. As long as they keep calculating the ratings they way there are, why not.
  5. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 22:43
    Is it right for me to use my timebank on a 1100 player who is really 1700-1800 if I have a winning position, so that I can get more points off him? I'm really quite tempted to because he has just come back from a huge rating drop, one of several. He was also a member of my clan a while back and then had one of his rating drops having assured me he could ...[text shortened]... ral games and would not time out; so I'm quite tempted to get the most possible revenge I can!
    I would say that sort of behaviour is on a par with crossing the Atlantic and then dodging your poor relatives in Northern Ireland in order to take drugs and do unspeakable things in the vice-dens of London.
  6. Joined
    13 Feb '04
    Moves
    03 Feb '06 23:01
    There is nothing immoral or unethical about winning on time.
  7. Small Town Manitoba
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 02:00
    Ok I'm really not into this rating thing and don't totaly understand it. How is using your timebank going to help you get more points off him? Anyboby wanting to take a sarcastic remark at the newbie go ahead since I get a kick out of those posts.

GV
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 02:112 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Small Town Manitoba
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 02:33
    Thanks SS, I get the concept now.

GV
  10. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 03:54
    I'd say it depends if they play at a decent enough rate to get their grade up quickly. If they are only going to go up an extra 100 points before you win, i'd say it's a waste of time. If they are going to gain 500 points, then it is worth it. (And no, there is nothing immoral about doing this, it gives you the points you have earned).
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    04 Feb '06 04:41
    Freddie since your a sub you don't have the number of games problem so go for it. You deserve it. But be warned, if your time runs out and he's rating still stays the same or worse drops then you gain less points. So really you are taking a risk and hoping he's rating goes up before you're time expires.

Gambling with your rating I would say.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree