1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 10:222 edits
    Having been inspired by the illustrious Morgski one had time to attempt two
    positional sacrifices, one for penetration of the seventh hoovering up some pawns
    and the exchange paving the way for two passers,

2. In attack
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 10:49
    Nice! You give me too much credit though, chancer is probably a better word than illustrious...
    The first sac seems the more risky of the two. I think GP did part of a blog a while ago about a Rook being completely inefficient at stopping two pawns, good to have it illustrated so 🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by morgski
    Nice! You give me too much credit though, chancer is probably a better word than illustrious...
    The first sac seems the more risky of the two. I think GP did part of a blog a while ago about a Rook being completely inefficient at stopping two pawns, good to have it illustrated so 🙂
    Lol, yeah the bishop sac is one of those moves that one plays in blitz without even
    thinking about it, i knew i would get at least, in material terms two pawns for the piece,
    but who plays chess materially except the silicon beast!
  4. Joined
    29 Oct '09
    Moves
    11 Nov '11 16:062 edits
    Originally posted by morgski
    Certainly better than "chancre". Yuck. I had to look it up. Thought it was some kind of American spelling.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree