1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 00:511 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Hi Tom Tom.

The good old hugahugen trap. This was my first ever Vid and I wanted to say
    something about 1.e4 that had never been said before.
    Because it gave the King flight square is one even Chernev missed.

You will no doubt go completely mad memorising Morphy games.
    (look what happened to PCM and he played them.) 😉

I'm not saying you are d
    a good solid base.
    But see how the good guys used his ideas to beat better players.
    Hello GP.

I have that book as well(thanks to Fat Lady) and I will be adding those to my list of games to memorise.

The point of memorising the games is that hopefully down the line when I can't recall the whole game I will be able to recall the critical points. Like in the previous Morphy game when white plays 14.Ng1 or the waste of time with ...h6 or when Morphy could have played ...d5 after the naff (I never have used this word before but I think I quite like it) Ne2.

Anyway, I'm off to memorize more Morphy.
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 03:055 edits
    It was definitely unsound or the play afterwards was, a blitz game, but I used a morphy idea! Dun dun dun. I wasn't trying to use it but I didn't see a way to progress at first then I thought "wheres the weakness" and it occurred to me that it was the misplacement of his light squared bishop... "if I can trade that sucker off what can I do... aha! Morphy to the rescue. if this works I'll have chances on the castled king... is it sound? ah who cares! its blitz!"

3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 03:30
    hmmm this seems a good blitz maneuver.

4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '12 03:47
    Beware! The hugahugen trap is not the only trap you need to create a flight square from!

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 01:442 edits
    Originally posted by w0lver1ne
    Actually if I had remembered the game Morphy-Isouard & Braunsweig, Paris, 1858 (though a classic) it would have helped in an OTB game last year. My opponent played the same variation of the Philidor defense.

I won, but not as brilliantly as Morphy.
    🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree