1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 17:08
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I have on book on it on the black side of it.
    The main reason I want to this is to have some experience against some strong opposition. The sicilian is my main defence against 1. e4 and I think I'm bound to see this game at OTB play some time. I just want to know what I'm headed too.
    Defeat!
  2. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 17:13
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Defeat!
    I don't mind it. And against you guys I'm expecting to lose. But I guess the shock treatment will do me good.
    So you wanna give me a shot?
  3. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 17:141 edit
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I have on book on it on the black side of it.
    The main reason I want to this is to have some experience against some strong opposition. The sicilian is my main defence against 1. e4 and I think I'm bound to see this game at OTB play some time. I just want to know what I'm headed too.
    Save yourself pain & play 3...d3 instead, or head for a c3 Sicilian although that is quite nice to play as white.

I would be very reluctant to play the black side of the Morra as the defensive approach is basically hypermodern & you have to be very patient & be happy with a cramped position & counter-attacking later, or hanging on desperately to the pawn playing to exchange down.
  4. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 17:16
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Save yourself pain & play 3...d3 instead, or head for a c3 Sicilian although that is quite nice to play as white.

I would be very reluctant to play the black side of the Morra as the defensive approach is basically hypermodern & you have to be very patient & be happy with a cramped position & counter-attacking later, or hanging on desperately to the pawn playing to exchange down.
    But I want to give myself the trouble. PLEASE!
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '07 18:26
    Teenage IM Alex Lenderman plays the Smith-Morra Gambit I believe most of the time against the Sicilian, even against Grandmasters. He said in a recent "Chess Life" interview that most of his upset wins were on the White side of the Smith-Morra Gambit. 'Nuf said?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree