1. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    10 May '07 02:23
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    The sound that it actually gets is some poor White player smashing his pieces and crying at the utter destruction! 😀
    Smashing his pieces down the h file and crying in joy at the utter destruction of black.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 May '07 02:47
    Originally posted by chrspayn
    Smashing his pieces down the h file and crying in joy at the utter destruction of black.
    meanwhile, the guy a few boards down takes the 1/2 with the Accelerated Dragon
  3. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    10 May '07 03:49
    Go back to 1970 when that was actually a way to play.
  4. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    10 May '07 03:50
    Originally posted by YUG0slav
    meanwhile, the guy a few boards down takes the 1/2 with the Accelerated Dragon
    Meanwhile, a guy a few boards down resigns at the sight of 5. c4.
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 May '07 08:47
    Meanwhile, a guy a few boards down resigns at the sight of 5. c4.
    You mean he offers a draw on 5. c4.
  6. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    10 May '07 15:421 edit
    I occasionally play 1. e4 and occasionally a schesh or a najdorf, but as black after 1.. .c5 I most often see the alapin (~45😵 from white followed by the open (40😵, the Morra (10😵 and Gran Prix (5😵 are very rare.

As white, I almost always play the open but the most common response is the najdorf (60😵, followed by the classical (20😵, the dragon (10😵 then everything else.

All statistics are based on my recollection of yahoo, playchess and FICS blitz games.
  7. Standard memberrotk
    Orc slayer
    Gondor
    Moves
    10 May '07 18:10
    This forum is hilarious,

To mad that after white got the H file he didn't have enough pieces to mate. 🙂 LOL
  8. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '07 18:17
    Originally posted by zebano
    I occasionally play 1. e4 and occasionally a schesh or a najdorf, but as black after 1.. .c5 I most often see the alapin (~45😵 from white followed by the open (40😵, the Morra (10😵 and Gran Prix (5😵 are very rare.

As white, I almost always play the open but the most common response is the najdorf (60😵, followed by the classical (20😵, the dragon (10😵 ...[text shortened]... else.

All statistics are based on my recollection of yahoo, playchess and FICS blitz games.
    Watch what you put next to your parenthesis 😵.
  9. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    10 May '07 18:451 edit
    Originally posted by Ramiri15
    Watch what you put next to your parenthesis 😵.
    yes, that is rather atrocious. No more percent signs for me.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    10 May '07 21:331 edit
    No they weren't listed in order. I think I probably see the Najdorf, and then the Dragon and then the Svesh. You don't see too many people playing the Schivenigen in the real move order these days simply because noone wants to play against the Keres. And you really don't see the Classical that much because it's not really played by anyone really strong anym ...[text shortened]... it hasn't really found any popularity, maybe it's just overshadowed by the other ones. 😀
    Interesting point. I normally play the Najdorf, but in one current game had someone play Nc3 before playing d4, in the absence of any better ideas I put my knight on c6 and consequently now have a Richter-Rauser to defend. On this site I think I've seen the Dragon (accelerated or normal) and Schvesnikov/Pelikan more than anything else. Those that play 5. ... a6 often use it to get into the Scheveningen, probably because that was something Kasparov used to do. I'm actually quite enjoying the Scheveningen thematic because it's given me a chance to play against this line and to use the Keres attack. I agree that the two Sicilians that you don't see people play are the Scheveningen and the Classical. But, the Scheveningen lives on through the Najdorf move order and the Classical can be induced if white messes around with the early move order.
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    11 May '07 03:25
    Originally posted by exigentsky
    You mean he offers a draw on 5. c4.
    eg Game 3489158
  12. Standard membernajdorfslayer
    The Ever Living
    Third Earth
    Moves
    11 May '07 05:39
    I as White always play the Open Sicilian when playing 1.e4 both on this site and OTB. I have found on this site people foolishly try nad play Dragon's agianst me the most the ultmately regret it. (I find Black has to play very accurately not to get absolutely hammered).

I think in 15 yrs OTB playing and 100ish games on this site I have had 2 maybe 3 Sveshnikov's.

OTB I seem to get Najdorf's a lot including 6...e5 in response to moves other than Bc4 and Bg5.

On this site I find Nadjorf players play this opening to get in a Scheveningen by playing 6...e6 aginast 6.Be3/6.Be2.

Playing 6...e6 is probably popoular becuase of Garry Kasparov although Fischer always played 6...e5. Saying that 6...e6 lines are considerfar more complex and require more sophisticated handling.

Playing the Najdorf as Black I find I get 6.Be3 the most often...which I always play 6...e6 transposing into a Scheveningen
  13. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    11 May '07 05:42
    I play anti-sicilian systems: Bb5 against Nc6 (Rossolimo), and Qxd4 in the d6 line (Chechover).
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '06
    Moves
    14 May '07 05:321 edit
    Originally posted by demonseed
    I play anti-sicilian systems: Bb5 against Nc6 (Rossolimo), and Qxd4 in the d6 line (Chechover).
    I've been experimenting with the Hyper-Accelerated Dragon move order (1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 g6) with 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nc6 transposing back to the Accelerated Dragon, basically to avoid the Rossolimo

So far though, I've only tried it twice
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 May '07 06:56
    Funny no one mentioned the Taimanov.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree