Move faster - one move per day

Move faster - one move per day

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

timed out again

Moves
07 Jul 12

My opponent who will remain un-named sent me the message "one move per day!!,this game has become so boring,please will u move faster than this???". I could not help being amused knowing the number of timeouts I have had.

If one is sitting around then one can afford to move 10 times a day. For some of us, life gets in the way so I cannot afford to move 10 times a day. If one wants a quick game of chess why not play rapid/blitz? That is what I do when I get the chance to play a quick game.

T
I am become Death

Moves
07 Jul 12

1. Subscribe. 2. Throw up your vacation flag. 3. Profit.

s

Moves
07 Jul 12

The F (lol)

P

Moves
07 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by enrico20
My opponent who will remain un-named sent me the message [b]"one move per day!!,this game has become so boring,please will u move faster than this???". I could not help being amused knowing the number of timeouts I have had.

If one is sitting around then one can afford to move 10 times a day. For some of us, life gets in the way so I cannot afford to ...[text shortened]... chess why not play rapid/blitz? That is what I do when I get the chance to play a quick game.[/b]
My advice? Move even slower. If your opponent cannot deal with the concept of time controls and your right to move at your own pace within them, tough. Your opponent should only start games at faster time controls if that is what they want. You clearly have a psychological advantage now. Use it 🙂

e

timed out again

Moves
08 Jul 12

Can you imagine the uproar if your opponent did this in OTB chess, telling you to move when it was your turn and the clock is ticking? What is the world coming to?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 12

Can you imagine the uproar if your opponent did this in OTB chess, telling you to move when it was your turn and the clock is ticking? What is the world coming to?
Think of the state of OTB chess before chess clocks. They could take 10 hours to make one move if they wanted to, meanwhile the opponent is slowly pulling out his hair, squirming in his seat slowly going insane waiting for a move.

Moves
08 Jul 12
1 edit

My opponent who will remain un-named sent me the message [b]"one move per day!!,this game has become so boring,please will u move faster than this???". I could not help being amused knowing the number of timeouts I have had.

If one is sitting around then one can afford to move 10 times a day. For some of us, life gets in the way so I cannot afford to ...[text shortened]... chess why not play rapid/blitz? That is what I do when I get the chance to play a quick game.[/b]
On your profile your move frequency is set to once a day. I bet when the guy started the game against you he assumed your move frequency displayed on your profile was correct.

st johnstone

Moves
09 Jul 12
1 edit

you could have done a few moves instead of moaning on here. 😀 you are only playing 2 games it cant be that hard to move once a day as you have promised, oh and you have won more games by time out than you have lost.😀

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
09 Jul 12

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
On your profile your move frequency is set to once a day. I bet when the guy started the game against you he assumed your move frequency displayed on your profile was correct.
I made this mistake once, too, until someone brought it up to me.

It is worthwhile for all of us to go back periodically to review our profiles to make sure they still reflect our preferences and tendencies.

e

timed out again

Moves
09 Jul 12

Originally posted by KnightStalker47
I was moving once per day but that is not acceptable to my opponent hence why he hassled me.

e

timed out again

Moves
09 Jul 12

Originally posted by roma45
you could have done a few moves instead of moaning on here. 😀 you are only playing 2 games it cant be that hard to move once a day as you have promised, oh and you have won more games by time out than you have lost.😀
ha ha I had to double-check you were not my opponent. When he saw this topic he resigned in shame. I wouldbet he does that to other guys.

st johnstone

Moves
09 Jul 12

ha ha I had to double-check you were not my opponent. When he saw this topic he resigned in shame. I wouldbet he does that to other guys.
lol. no not me, i would never pm some one to hurry up, real bad manners, well done on the victory, i had a funny one a few weeks ago, i was 1 move from mate when he sent me this message "good game NOT you are the worst ***** i have ever played all you do is castle you can wait 10 days to crack my skull as i am not going to move" i replied with " i can only castle once in a game, if i am the worst ***** player, what does that make you? as i have beaten you. i am a sub you are not so i wont take the skull i will drag this out to waste one of your slots" he resigned next day. they are some odd players on here. 😀

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
09 Jul 12

lol. no not me, i would never pm some one to hurry up, real bad manners, well done on the victory, i had a funny one a few weeks ago, i was 1 move from mate when he sent me this message "good game NOT you are the worst ***** i have ever played all you do is castle you can wait 10 days to crack my skull as i am not going to move" i replied with " i can only ca ...[text shortened]... out to waste one of your slots" he resigned next day. they are some odd players on here. 😀
This made me laugh out loud! Instead of warning him, perhaps you should have let the game sit until he figured it out for himself. What an idiot.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Jul 12

What a curious looking rating graph that player has?! [insert scratch the beard smiley]

e

timed out again

Moves
10 Jul 12

lol. no not me, i would never pm some one to hurry up, real bad manners, well done on the victory, i had a funny one a few weeks ago, i was 1 move from mate when he sent me this message "good game NOT you are the worst ***** i have ever played all you do is castle you can wait 10 days to crack my skull as i am not going to move" i replied with " i can only ca ...[text shortened]... out to waste one of your slots" he resigned next day. they are some odd players on here. 😀
Yeah there sure are some strange players. Thankfully they are in a minority.