Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Only Chess Forum

Only Chess Forum

  1. 15 Aug '15 15:25


    1. Rf6, Fischer against Benko





    1. ...Bxd4, Fischer against Szabo





    1. Bh6 Browne against Bisguier
  2. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    16 Aug '15 06:09
    I don't get the third one.
    The rooks get doubled quickly for the loss of a bishop and .... ?
  3. 16 Aug '15 10:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I don't get the third one.
    The rooks get doubled quickly for the loss of a bishop and .... ?
    Doubled rooks are killing (and position of Queen on c3 helps):
    14... gxh6
    15. Re5 Qd7 16. Rae1
    and Black is lost:
    if
    16. ...Be6 17. d5! (Qc3 is aiming on h8)
    17. ... cxd5 18. Rxe6
  4. Subscriber lemondrop
    sizzle
    17 Aug '15 22:15 / 1 edit
    Dr. Strangelove
    sorry, I thought you meant movies

    edit: wrong forum
  5. 19 Aug '15 12:12
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Doubled rooks are killing (and position of Queen on c3 helps):
    14... gxh6
    15. Re5 Qd7 16. Rae1
    and Black is lost:
    if
    16. ...Be6 17. d5! (Qc3 is aiming on h8)
    17. ... cxd5 18. Rxe6
    Vandervelde,
    Where is any 14... gxh6 in the 3rd game or the 1st and 2nd for that matter. I have not even noticed 14. gxh6 for any game if we are to think of both sides using an old designation type system of thinking of both sides attacking from their points of view so that black can attack h6 from its point of view or white can attack h6 from its point of view. For instance White can attack its King's Rook 6 or Black can attack its King's Rook 6.

    Do you mind sharing the moves that should be made in the 3 games and who is to play first?
  6. 19 Aug '15 12:55
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Vandervelde,
    Where is any 14... gxh6 in the 3rd game or the 1st and 2nd for that matter. I have not even noticed 14. gxh6 for any game if we are to think of both sides using an old designation type system of thinking of both sides attacking from their points of view so that black can attack h6 from its point of view or white can attack h6 from its point ...[text shortened]... 6.

    Do you mind sharing the moves that should be made in the 3 games and who is to play first?
    In third game, Browne vs. Bisguier, from US ch 1974, famous move Bh6 was 14th:

    I should have written only 1.Bh6 after diagram, though, but the number of the move is etched into my memory,